Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished the power steering install last month, loved it. Then found a SAI kit for sale by a fellow member. Thats done, and at the same time I swapped ball joint mounts left to right and turned them over as what I've read in many SAI instructions. I also replaced the forward sleeve with 5 inches long ones the sleeve on the trailing side is 3 3/4 long. Using my Fastrax, I'm able to get +6* Caster and -.05 camber.
Should I cut 1/2 inch off of the 5 inch long forward sleeve? This should allow me to get the -1.0 camber I'm desired.

Here's the set up....
Mk3
17 wheels
Power steering
Pole Position upper arms
F5 lower arms

Thanks you
Brian

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,474 Posts
To be sure I understand, your forward sleeve is bottomed out which is limiting the amount of negative camber you can get correct?
  • Sometimes one end bottoms out and the other still has a turn or two available. So first I would take that sleeve apart and assure that both ends of the sleeve are bottomed out.
  • If you shorten the rear more you will gain both +caster and -camber so I would try that. I usually run 7.5 to 8 caster.
  • For a street car I would be happy w/ 1/2 camber. Unless you are autocrossing and want more front end grip, all going from 1/2 to 1 will do is wear out the inside of the front tire faster.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Craig. Yes, the front sleeve is bottomed out, with both threaded links in equal amounts. I have two extra 3 3/4 adjustment sleeves so ill trim them. And yes, purely street use.

Thank you

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
You still have adjustment on the rear sleeves by the looks of it. Just shorten the rears, that'll give you more camber and more caster. Shortening the fronts will reduce caster

1 - 4 of 4 Posts