Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Building it (or failing to build it)
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
T56 Transmission (0 miles on it) for sale with bellhousing for 1995 and earlier 5.0L engines (or equivalent).

Purchased for my Cobra build to mate up to a 351W, installed but never got the engine running, swapped out for a 4.6L w/ T5. The engine was cranked but never turned over with this transmission.

Transmission is in San Diego, I can also meet someone in LA area. Not looking to ship but will consider it at buyer's cost.

Asking $1800

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Do you know if you can drop the trans out the bottom without pulling the motor?
Thanks

Nick M

·
Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Hi,
This is a good deal. It is the T-56 1386-012 with the 2.97 1st gear... It only fits the 289-351 engine without an adapter. I do sell an adapter to fit other engines.

·
Always changing something
223 Posts
Drop trans

Do you know if you can drop the trans out the bottom without pulling the motor?
Thanks

Nick M
I had to pull my TKO 600 out of my Mk3 last year to replace the flywheel ring gear. Couldn't do it at home as you basically have to tilt the trans vertical to get it out, and I can only lift as high as my jack stands. My local speed shop/ hot rod mechanic shop got it out with their high lift and a couple of guys to hump it in and out. They had to loosen the engine mounts to drop the back side of my 351W enough to make it.
Not sure if this would be the same for a T56

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.