Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on getting the motor ready to drop in and I have a few questions.

1) Does it matter where you put the ECT and water temp sensors I am not running a heater and I want to relocate this sensor to the rear of the manifold to clean up the wiring.

2) since I am not using a heater and I blocked off the line on the waterpump is it ok to just plug the front hole.

Is it ok to reuse the flywheel and presure plate bolts if they are in good shape? if so would I want to use loctite thread locker on these?

What is the best location for the starter relay I am using the Mini starter?

The PCV gromment does not fit tight into the manifold is there a trick or is it best to buy a new one?

Thanks Paul

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
I have been told not to use the holes in the back of the motor because they don't give accurate temp readings. For the fan sensor, I bought a new waterneck at Autozone for a few dollars that has a tapped hole for the sensor. Note on your water neck that you have a hole blank that could be tapped if you like. For the heater, you could just run the short hose from the water pump to that nice heater fitting you have. This way you'll get accurate readings of circulating water.

I've been told to get new bolts for the flywheel. Dealers or autoparts stores carry them.

That's all I've got for you but the engine is looking really nice. I just got the same valve covers but with all the EFI stuff installed, you can't even see them!

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Paul

Those bolts and dowels are M-6397-A302 and list for $13.95 and your cost would be $11.94 plus ups. does it "pay" to reuse them in that spot??
Max

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
No need to use new flywheel or pressure plate bolts or new dowel pins if yours are in good shape (unless you like to spend money of course
). And yes, you should use thread locker.

As for the PCV valve grommet they are known for drying out and shrinking. A new one from Ford is about $12. Don't forget to also replace the screen/filter that installs directly underneath it.

-M

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
use newclutch bolts there are 8mm and they stretch when torqued. If you are not using a heater remove the pretty fitting and install your temp sender from the gage. Yes you can block off the heater fittings. The stater relay is on the mini starter. Do not use the rear water passage holes as the intake gaskets block them off resulting in no readings,Sweet looking engine Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts