Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running the stock 5.0 and I'm finally getting around to some upgrades. I just purchased a new Typhoon upper and lower chrome intake, throttle body and EGR spacer with a 70mm mass. I want to replace my black factory inlet pipe and make sure everyrthing fits in the FFR. Has anyone used the C&L power pipe on a stock 5.0? I would hate to buy a complete cold air kit just for one pipe. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
905 Posts
I ended up purchasing the BBK #1556 (think that's the number) which gave a filter and pipe. Ended up only using the pipe and holding the filter for later. Did this primarily for4 the chrome pipe when I changed to the Cobra polished intake an other parts you mentioned. I had to cut off a short piece of the pipe to clear the back of the alternator, as I did not want to start rearranging the stuff on the passengers side of the car. Would have been great if I could have gotten the pipe into the fender area and picked up the cool air from the side louver. You might have a different arrangement that would work better.

It should be noted that the intake, MAF, TB and intake tube made no difference in the HP at the rear wheels when compared to other guys with the stock set up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts