Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I have a question I just finished my cobra and I have been driving it, but have noticed that when I am going nice down the road and when I let off the gas a little the rear end starts to chatter. When no power is really put to the rear end it starts to make a funny ticking noise. I took the rear end out and the guys from brakes R us rechecked it but they said all back lash settings were correct. What could this problem be I need help before I put this rear end back in?
Bad U joints?
Drive shaft?
PLEASE HELP :mad:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What should my pinion angle be set at?
Some other information would be:
Factory five shocks
Independent rear end with 373 gears
the rear end was bought from brakes are us brand new
tremec tko transmission
When driving in like 3rd and 4th on lets say the highway and i start to let off the gas the rear end seems to like chatter as if the drive shaft is jiggaling just enough to make the gears touch to make a small constant tick all most to the point of a vibration. Another thing I notice is that when I put the car into 1st and reverse you can hear the drive shaft turn and the gears in the rear end sound like the are engaging.

Would ride height effect this problem also?
because the rear of my car is up kind of high when i look at it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the one degree down a factory setting or is that something special that I should have told Brakes r us to set it at because based on what they told me about my rear end when i sent it back to them was that everything was perfect in the rear end and that my axles were good also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts