Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, fired up for the 1st time roday. Had a timing a fireing oerder at 1st but man it runs perfect now. What a blast.

Now onto the body work.

A quick question:

Fuel guge jumps from full to the gas level, back and forth erractically, bad ground??
I am running autometer vintage gauges with stock efi harness.

2nd question. I need to set the timing with a light. What is the best timing, I am not running cats, and I am not worried about emmisions at this point.

THanks to everyone so far on the forum, this is the most fun project I have had ever.

Pat

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, i used the old fuel sender, probably the culprit.
yeah i am using the rear wheels shown, my other 2 are out getting stripped so i can etch prime them, plus these will be good for the front until it is lined up properly.

what a blast so far

pat

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi

yes i am doing all the body and paint myself. i used to do that when i was going thru college. I did my own 70 chevelle ss when i was 19. i like body work, i have the feel for it, many people dont understand about how to feel for dips and uneven surfaces.

My color will be "sonic blue" its actually from a mid 50's fender stratocaster guitar. the stripes and wheels will be a pearl while. I have some very cool graphics planned for the hood and trunk which will be rock and roll related. I cant wait to get that part done.

I may not win any awards for whats under the hood, but I bet I will for paint work.

thanks

pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts