Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked it up from Whitby's yesterday. They did a marvelous job.

A few more weekends, and it should be finished.

David

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Senior Charter Member
1,387 Posts
Very nice David! I like the stripe. Must feel great to get to this point. Enjoy!

Mark

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Nice job David. Like the single stripe. Very nice. (Looks like we'll be graduating around the same time. :cool: )
Baron

·
Registered
416 Posts
Awsome job

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Looks Great David! I'm partial since I am also going to do a single strip similar to yours (when the time comes...if I don't change my mind...if I do a stripe at all).

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,041 Posts
Very nice David,the car looks awesome with 18"s on it and the stripe does set it apart from the pack, the fun has just begun.Even the bottom of the hood looks great,is that the way the hoods are coming from FFR now or did Whitbys do that for you?
Mike

·
Junior Charter Member
3,886 Posts
Very nice, that stripe looks gorgeous! Where is the Air filter from? I think it looks very kewl.

·
Super Moderator
29,535 Posts
I love it! A nice departure from the tradtional stripes

·
Registered
616 Posts
Like the stripe! The John Willment cars had stripes like that, too. Is the stripe tapered like the usual Shelby stripes?

John Tennyson

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. I thought about the stripe(s) for a long time before I decided on this. I think it turned out really well.

snkbte, If I can get all of the details finished I hope to graduate in the next three weeks or so.

mikek, Whitby's really did a number on this. They finished the underside of the hood and trunk lid. They also finished about 4" inside the fender wells.

Forbye4, that is an Edelbrock air cleaner that I picked up from the local speed shop. As you can tell I had something a little different in mind when I started this project, and that air cleaner was a little different. I like it too.

John, Whitby's said that they had to play with the layout on these stripes to get them just right. Yes, they are tapered slightly from what Jeff Collins said.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts