Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 months after receiving the kit, its rolling. I would have had it there sooner, but the rear tires were backordered for 3 weeks. In a few weeks, we'll be doing the wiring and then the engine installation. Oh boy- what fun.

For those interested. The rims are the Halibrand Cobra III 10.5"/17 rear and 9.5/17 front. The tires are Nitto 315 drag radials in the rear and 255 in the front.

Paul

·
15,282 Posts
Looks fantastic -- congrats!

Boy am I envious of how little wiring you have to do in comparison to us nut-so modular EFI guys. :D Good luck!

Cheers, John

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
Looks Great Paul !

Are you sure you haven't done this before?

If you riveted the small firewall aluminum piece on the pass side, (where the hole is), you will need to remove it to gain access to the windshield bolts when installing the windshield. no biggie, just a small note.

what? did you have the boys pushed it up the driveway after taking the picture? (my guess).
:D

See ya soon !

SERGIO
---------------------
"Project SuperCobra" underway....
2003 SVT Cobra Donor with only 5K miles

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Your twin brother, FFR4109, is about 2-3 weeks from cranking up. Chassis is wired and only need to wire dash to the chassis - then ready to crank. Wish I wasn't out of town so much. Hard to find 2 weeks in a row to get this done right now.

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Paul:
Looks good; question on the gas tank: it looks kinda textured - duraliner painted on or ???

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
289-Not sure what you're referring to? Tank was a donor and I cleaned to metal, painted w/ por15 and bought a new plastic cover & straps from Breeze.

Rebel-Do you have a build site?

Sergio-Naw didn't rivet it in. It is just tacked in with the self tapping screw. I owe a dinner to Jim Haar and Bob Zook after this in finished for their support and advice.

Thanks all for the props. I am having so much fun doing this. I'd be further along but I just sat for and passed the Real Estate Brokers license last week. That took a lot of time out of the build. Now we're in high gear hear in hot so cal.

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.