Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have the car parked for winter, so thought I bounce a question to the forum. I installed the 4 port HVC that most GTM owners are using(NAPA Part # BK 660-1293) and it has been leaking out of the rod that is connected to the vacuum pot and butterfly valve. After doing some research this can be a problem with this inexpensive plastic valve. I am now wondering if there is a better 4 port valve out there or another option as this valve only lasted 3 years. My other option is to just put a stop valve in. Since I am tearing the car apart to replace the drive by wire harness and TAC module, I can easily fix this as well. Any thoughts on a better solution?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought I would post what I did. I substituted OEM AC Delco part # 15-5533 and it works well. The valve design has a plastic welded support for the rod that that was leaking vs. a screwed on support for the NAPA part, but everything else appears to be the same. Only time will tell, but for a couple bucks more, I would buy this part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts