Factory Five Racing Forum banner

4 or 6 cylinders for racing in other classes

596 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  raceral 
#1 ·
Good morning all,

One dream I have is to build a F5 for endurance runs, 12 or 24 hours-here or there, etc.

I'm thinking about racing class - and just curious if any one has built an F5 with something other than a V8, to fit in a certain class.

Any four or six cylinder F5's out there? In enduro or Auto X?

Thanks, Al

#6 ·
Thanks, guys......

I just can't help but think an F5 could be really competitive in a two or three liter class.....

Just think of the excellent weight distrib with a light motor.......couldn't be bad!!!

Keep in mind, I'm thinking twisties, not straight line.....

Al

#7 ·
Yeah, the Buick GN six has definitely been done -- I've even seen examples in magazines. I think it's been shoehorned into a coupe or a spyder, too.

As for the idea of the AWD Cobra...good luck! That's been discussed ad infinitum around here, and the re-engineering that would be necessary has kept anyone I know of from doing it.

Cheers, John

#8 ·
aw come on now all you need is the running gear from a carrera 4 and your in!! Bob

#9 ·
I'm fairly new to the forum and haven't been privy to the AWD threads, but that will something interesting to seach on.

I kind of figured an AWD project would require making an all new frame. But, the could be part of the fun. Probably should the current car finished first though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.