Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have an EFI 351 and I would like to know if the 4 into 4 headders and exhaust have a "bug" for the O2 sensor ?

Thanks

Nick

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,510 Posts
The FFR ones do not. There is some debate about location I put mine on the underside of an easily accessible primary tube. Some feel the bung is best to be welded into the collector area of the side pipe in order to sample all 4 cylinders on that side. I've had no problems with sampling only one cylinder per side.
To attach the bung you just drill a hole on the underside of the primary tube and weld it into place. It will disrupt some of the ceramic coating but barely noticable.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
FWIW, I had headers on a 4-banger once and the O2 bung was on the #4 primary tube.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone has a picture of their set up ?

Nick

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought the FFR 4 into 4 headers. They did not have the O2 sensor holes in them but found a shop in Rancho Cordova CA. that can do it. Ken Hill owns it and he does a lot of exhaust work for many of the NASCAR teams. The cost is about $60.00, I will be taking my exhaust to him in the next week or so to have the mod done.

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
Pretty much any decent exhaust shop can do this job for you. Just drill a hole where you want them, and take them to the shop. Most shops have the bungs, too. I placed mine in the #2 and #6 primary pipes, about 3" up from the square flange.

I had mine placed at the bottom of the tube, where it wouldn't show. However, it was later suggested to me that it should not be placed in the very bottom of the pipe. Any condensation, oil, fuel, whatever, that runs down the pipe could contaminate and destroy the sensor. Oh, well. Live and learn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.