Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from DownUnder New Zealand.
I am building a FFR Mk4 using a 2004 4.6L Terminator donor and need to purchase or build /modify a set of headers but I am having difficulty locating a suitable supplier/ manufacturer. I was supplied with a Coyote set of headers in error and have just realised they will not fit. Any help, guidance & support greatly appreciated.
The name of a manufacturer/ supplier and part number would be great.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Here is a link talking about headers for the 4.6L DOHC. They are suggesting that the coyote headers will work if you change the flange to one for the 4.6L. Do a search on builders using the terminator engine, others have used the engine before, so someone has a solution.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a link talking about headers for the 4.6L DOHC. They are suggesting that the coyote headers will work if you change the flange to one for the 4.6L. Do a search on builders using the terminator engine, others have used the engine before, so someone has a solution.

Many thanks Alan_C, it all appears much clearer now & I will follow up with manufacturer(y)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a pair I'll sell for cheap to help you out but I'm based in the US and assuming shipping would be absurd.

·
Master of my Build
2,032 Posts
Did you get this resolved? The stock manifold turned around with cats is what I used. It can handle the power just as well as headers. Here is a discussion from Svt performance that is a great resource for the terminator motor and every possible mod. Tubed Headers vs. Cast Iron Manifolds - Any H.P. gains?...... Also, if you are not running AC, then you can remove the AC and put the alternator there with a fabricated bracket. This is a good idea as then you can have the alternator on the accessory pulley and don't have to worry about issues that come up with your alternator on the supercharger pulley.

·
Junior Charter Member
153 Posts
Greetings from DownUnder New Zealand.
I am building a FFR Mk4 using a 2004 4.6L Terminator donor and need to purchase or build /modify a set of headers but I am having difficulty locating a suitable supplier/ manufacturer. I was supplied with a Coyote set of headers in error and have just realised they will not fit. Any help, guidance & support greatly appreciated.
The name of a manufacturer/ supplier and part number would be great.
Did you get this header issue resolved? I have a set of the 4.6 DOHC headers which are aluminized ceramic coated and never used. Like Chris above, I am in the US and shipping is the question that comes to mind. I will sell these to you for $100US plus shipping if you are interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts