Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FFCobra Website Stalker
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm running a stock looking 4.6L. Nice clean engine, but lacks the "Wow Factor" compared to the rest of the car.
Any advice or experiences with dressing these things up? Without looking cheesy, of course!

-Greg

·
Premium Member
17,740 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Nice! Thanks. A bit more than I wanted to spend, but i like it. Mine is the 4 valve though.
-Greg
Per the web site

The Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Stage 2 system part # 15856 for 2005-09 Ford Mustang increases the performance of your 4.6L 3V engine to 529 horsepower and 494 ft/lbs. of torque at the crank.

I'd say YES!! :yes:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hey guys. I'm running a stock looking 4.6L. Nice clean engine, but lacks the "Wow Factor" compared to the rest of the car.
Any advice or experiences with dressing these things up? Without looking cheesy, of course!

-Greg
You'll never get it to look right in this car. I just keep the hood down at shows. Tons of "Is that an original?" questions.
When the track guys ask "That's really quick, what engine is it?" I just tell them it's a little 281.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You'll never get it to look right in this car. I just keep the hood down at shows. Tons of "Is that an original?" questions.
When the track guys ask "That's really quick, what engine is it?" I just tell them it's a little 281.
As long as the engine bay is clean I still get a lot of complements. I have the same engine as you but it's dressed up a little. Lots of car guys love to guess that it's from a Mach 1. I just wish there was a nicer intake manifold. There is a company out of Australia that sells an 8 stack for the 4.6 DOHC that's pretty but it's $4k. I'd rather just hold off and put a coyote in IF I get bored with the power. Right now I'm at 300hp/320ft.lbs. at the wheels. Lots of fun.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
With the way the exchange rate is currently going, that pretty eight stack injection from Australia is going to cost you next to nothing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts