Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BUCKEYE IN NC
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FFR Cobra years were 2007 - 2016. I built 6343 with a 5.0 88 Mustang GT drivetrain.
Fast forward to now. I just bought a 2006 GT Mustang Convertible with 4.6 V8 and 5-speed.
(61,000 miles).
(This will be my DD, not a donor)
I'd welcome any and all comments on this car and/or drivetrain.
Thanks,
Rich

Attachments

·
Junior Charter Member
799 Posts
Nice looking car!
I have a 2006 V6 coupe that I bought brand new. It was my daily driver for a few years then it became one of my summer toys.

The only problem I’ve had at all is that the abs light will occasionally come on but go off later. I haven’t bothered trouble shoot it because it’s infrequent.

Enjoy your new car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: retownsendjr

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I had a 2006 GT, Really liked it as a DD. I upgraded the shifter, Sway Bars, did an axle back and CAI, and used a SCT tune. I had to replace the front struts at 40k miles they got noisy. It was a fun car!

Reactions: retownsendjr

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,575 Posts
Nice drive! I have a 2002 GT I bought with the 4.6L and plan on a Coyote swap this year. In CA it's not impossible, but difficult. I use it as a 3rd vehicle and use it for track as well. I did a lot to suspension, MM, coil overs, panhard bar, etc. and the engine is the weak point. You have at least 300HP which is not Coyote power, but nice. I went as far as I can in CA to get the most from mine. I'd put Cobra, Mach I, or Bullit brakes (if it doesn't have them) just to increase that safety aspect. Fun car to drive on/off track.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,027 Posts
My wife had a 2010 GT w/ 5 speed. It was a nice car and 100% reliable w/ one exception, the ABS ECU. It had to be replaced. I could have done it easily but there is an initialization process that could only be done w/ the FORD dealer equipment. So we did have to pay for that-maybe $500. Other wise it was tires, brakes and oil changes.

·
Master of my Build
2,038 Posts
Check out svtperformance.com. They have great forums for these cars. Not a nice as this group but just as happy to spend your money. Good luck with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts