Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of getting the last connections done on my 351, I'm not running a heater so I thought I could get away with just a heater delete hose from Breeze which I have. But I feel I should run the upper connection on the pump to the bypass on the waterneck but that leaves the lower connection on the water pump open with nowhere to go. What do think I should do. Or does anyone have pics of this setup. I havenot bought this waterneck yet so is that neck with the bypass needed? Thanks for any simple fix's

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
You can do a few things. I did run the by pass hose as I feel it is important to have just in case. You can run another bypas to the fitting that would have been the heater send line or cap it with a rubber cap. there are other fittings that you can place ofer the return fitting on the water pump to block it. I just capped it and pluged the manifold where the heater fitting goes. Mike K

·
Junior Charter Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean that you capped the lower water pump port. Not real familier with the manifold, I have a lot of ports that have screw in plugs is one of them a heater port of some type. I kind of wish there was some type of diagram of this manifold and how the water flows.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
I capped the lower port on the pump and run the upper to the by pass on the thermostat housing and it works great.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
PM Sent
Mike K

·
Junior Charter Member
1,335 Posts
I did the same as Lex on mine and it works fine.

Gerry

·
Junior Charter Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks that's exactly what I'll do. Thanks for the help.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Keep in mind there is a good amount of pressure and heat that can blow out a rubber cap if used. Best to use a pipe plug after removing the unused nipple from the pump. I kept the top one going to the t stat housing.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Just a point of clarification, the Breeze #70084 Heater Delete LoopBack Hose is to connect the heater hard line supply and return ports found on a Mustang 5.0. It is not meant to connect the two water pump outlets together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts