Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my 351 windsor with a tremaec 3550 in the mkII chassis today. The TAIL shaft is sitting on the 4" center cross member. What is the solutuion to this. To me it looks like i will have to cut the frame member.
All suggestion will be apreciated
thanks
bob

·
The Never-Ending Builder
5,329 Posts
Bob,

Here's what you need to do. It's one of those things that everybody knows about the Tremec's, but we don't tell anyone building a car. :D

Hank

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Hi Bob, Do you have the correct motor mounts? There have been some problems with some vendors shipping the wrong mounts. Do you have any pictures? What's the distance from the end of the transmission to the differential? Is the bottom of the tranny trimmed to clear the mount? Who did you buy the tranny from? Did you trim the trans mount to fit the Tremec?
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
6,546 Posts
Sounds like you might be missing the transmission mount. Are you trying to bolt the transmission directly to the frame or do you have a transmission mount you're using?

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
Hank is right, takes about 3 minutes with a sawzall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.