Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale:
'89 351 block. This block is in excellent, low mileage standard bore condition. It could be used as is. Maybe just a slight hone. Checked by machine shop and has no issues.

'89 crank standard-standard. Maybe a quick polish or can be used as is. Also checked by machine shop.

'96 truck rods with football head bolts F2TE-AA

'96 stock truck pistons

Parts are in Auburn, Ma.

I don't want to ship the block or crank so prefer local sale.

$175 for all or might seperate.

[email protected]

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New price minus TRW pistons

$375 B/O minus TRW pistons picked up in Auburn, Ma. This is a fully buildable engine as is with no boring needed according to the machine shop. The '9x truck rods with football bolts are the strongest stock rods available.

My plan was to hone the block, polish the crank, balance and add a set of GT40 iron or aluminum heads and a decent cam for a reliable 300+ HP motor for my 1968 Mercury Comet.

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Again a lot of the good deals are on the East Coast.

paul

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New price. Need these gone!

$350. This is $100 less than I paid two months ago.

Standard block just needs a hone. Standard crank maybe a polish. Truck rods with the good football head bolts from a F250. Pistons with rings still attached to rods. This is practically a bolt together. Throw on a set of GT40 iron heads from a '93 - '95 Cobra, '93 - '95 Lightning, or early V-8 Explorer and you have the basis for a 350HP motor for under $700.

Located in Auburn, Ma

[email protected]

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New, lower price

$300. That's $175 less than I paid to collect these parts within the last three months. Switching directions and going Miata and, as interesting as it would be to stuff a 351 into one, I want my daughter to also be able to drive it.

Comes with small engine stand.

Note: this is a '89 non-roller block/crank with '96 E350 van rods and pistons.

Located in Auburn, Ma.

[email protected]

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still for sale. Now at real low price

This would make a nice Winter project.

I don't want to ship the block and crank. $200 picked up in Auburn. This block is a non-roller block but much has been written about how the non-roller blocks are stronger than the later, '93 and up roller blocks plus you can easily convert a non-roller block to run a roller cam. This standard bore block just needs a clean-up to be used as is or it would make a nice basis for a .030 over stroker motor. The crank can be used as is or resold if you are going stroker.

Rods and pistons (attached) can also be used as is in a stock bore block. The truck rods are the best stock rods available. I can ship them. $75 shipped.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
If you are interested in strapping it to a pallet I'm interested. That seems to be a good deal. Wish we were neighbors!

Tony

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shipping

I have many folks over on the Corral.net website who would have paid me $350 if I would strap it to a pallet but it's not at my house and I have no way of getting it shipped. I just want to accept my loss (currently $150) and move on.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Checked at machine shop

Previous owner of these parts paid $200 to have all the parts checked for cracks, etc. I can put you in touch with that person to confirm.

·
Charter Member
1,558 Posts
Can it be converted to a roller motor?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes, it can be converted

Yes, you can buy the parts needed to convert it to take a roller cam. In fact, I've read that the roller blocks are weaker than the earlier blocks and converting a non-roller to roller is a good way to go.

Contact me at [email protected] if interested. I can make arrangements for you to see the block and crank at my friend's house in Auburn if you would like.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Got any pix? I might be interested..Im only an hour away

1 - 20 of 34 Posts