1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Charter Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
I talked to them a couple of days ago and there was some changes needed to be done in the casting process, and that they were looking at the first run to happen in Dec., hopefully. Still holding my breath.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Contact PAW. They had an ad in their last catalog that stated the 2x4 manifold was "coming soon" from Performance Unlimited. Nothing on their web site, though. Same people who make the 427 Pent roof valve cover for the windsor.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
boB, do you know where PAW is getting theirs from? The one from Price will have the carb surface milled flat for the cobra hood clearance and very low engine angle. Do you know if theirs will also? Might be a good alterantive.

·
Charter Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Rob. I wish I could tell you . But I blew out my knee at work on Saturday. Just got the Workmens comp people to get me an appointment with a Doctor this thursday!!! So I have not been driving it much. I got the valve covers on and there it sits.
Russ

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,659 Posts
I bet if a bunch of you 351W people called Edelbrock they would consider it with all the stroker activity going on with this motor , worth a try they make it for the 289/302 , might be a minor tooling change. Would be a nice package with a pair of their 500 CFM Carbs.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Originally posted by AC4ME:
boB, do you know where PAW is getting theirs from?
All I have is this ad from their last catalog. Look down towards the bottom where it says, "Coming Soon!" Give them a call and see what they say. 818-678-3000 www.pawinc.com

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
boB & Russ,
I saw the pent-roof valve covers in my PAW catalog also. The same covers are being sold by a seller on eBay. About six months ago, I contacted him for some info on the valve covers and he told me that he was going to be selling a dual quad intake for 351w "soon". He didn't know when it would be ready though, so I check from time to time the items he has for sale on eBay.
Nothing yet but I am hoping!
Maybe if others inquire, it might speed him up!
Here's his ad for the valve covers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-427-LOGO-COBRA-STYLE-VALVE-COVERS-FOR-302-351-FORD_W0QQitemZ8013380036QQcategoryZ33627QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Living Large
1,871 Posts
I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but I have been told by Price that the 2x4 intake manifold has been "ready to go to the foundry" for about 4 months now. I expected it in August and am still waiting... Call me a pessimist, but I wouldn't hold your breath. :(
Trent

·
Charter Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glenn.
That is the blue thunder adapter. With a 302 dual quad intake. We are looking for a intake just for the 351W. No extra adapters or "Plates"
Russ

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Trent, your right, this started with me back in December, they told me maybe Febuary.I'm going to wait because I want the Holley carbs on backwards thing.
Maybe if more of us who wanted this would call Price it might get it moving. You have to remember though that they are a very small company, and have gotten pushed back many times by big customers at the foundry. Their isn't that many foundry's that will deal with small Ma and Pa businesses any more. The last two in my area went belly up.

·
Living Large
1,871 Posts
The reason I am not hopeful is this... Price Motorsports

"The PME models above and below show what we consider the ultimate for on the street Clevor engines. This is for use with a 351W block and 351C 2V heads. PME hopes to have this manifold ready to purchase November 2001. ( An excellent replacement for those made by B & A as we kept the water hole in the same location. )
Designed be PME to help keep the fuel cooler with air flowing under the runners and an air space under the water crossover, this should be the next logical step in improving Clevor performance on the street."

Ready to purchase November 2001 (!)

Trent

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Trent, is that manifold not ready yet either?

·
Living Large
1,871 Posts
Nope,
According to Bill Price, some time next year. :(

Trent

·
Junior Charter Member
280 Posts
Having "been there" and "done that" when it comes to a dual quad manifold for the 351W motor I will add my .02 to the discussion. First, with a 351W under the hood there is a potential hood clearance problem. My advice is DON'T EVEN TRY to use a 289/302 dual quad manifold with adapters. The adapter kit raises the manifold up approximately 1.3" which would destroy your hood clearance since the 351W already sits around 1.5" higher than the 302 to begin with. Second, and this is not intended to be a commercial for Price Motorsports, if I had a choice between a Price manifold and another one from a company with no track record in the induction arena I would wait and choose the Price manifold hands down. Price Motorsports has been in the Ford induction market for years and I know how important quality and precision is to Bill and Mary. It is this quest for perfection that has delayed the first run of their version of the manifold. The three of us have had detailed discussions regarding every aspect of production because they know that I had already produced a homemade version of the intake and was familiar with the clearance and fitment issues of the Cobra. It was also at my suggestion that they will produce the 0* power angle version which will definitely be a better choice for Cobra owners to keep the carbs sitting level. I too have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Price product so I can grab one of the first ones. It will be interesting to see how the Price manifold and the one from PAW differ but I already know which one I will place my money on. I also plan to replace my GT40P heads with a fresh set of Edelbrock Performers when I swap intakes.

·
Charter Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Rupert,
I was doing a search and found an old post on club cobra, That you were thinking of making more of your offy dual quad intakes. Is that still on???? This post was over a year old.
Russ

1 - 20 of 20 Posts