Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious who's in the 347 Stroker Club with me?

Pics and Stats?

Mine - I have no numbers yet. I'm guessing 425 450 hp and torque to the Flywheel

Block out of a 88 Mustang GT
DSS Racing stroker kit aluminum forged pistons, Main Support. Windage tray and 7 qt rear oil pan.
Custom Comp cam
Roller Rockers
TFS 170 aluminum heads
Edlebrock Dual Quad intake
MSD ignition
Everything brand new
Just to name a few

Ha! Since I built him I named him
Mr. Smalls. Lol
20191018_133357.jpg
20190228_134754.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in the club. Gordon Levy built mine. Supposed to be in the 400 plus HP range. I added the Borla 8 stack injection. Haven't put any real miles on it yet, only the neighborhood.

Can't wait until spring!

Dave

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Oh my. Love it love it. I love the stacks. Next time that's what I will have.

I already love my 347 stroker I have a feeling when get to really start putting miles on it I will become a life long fan.

Gordon Levy did a great job!!!

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always associated engines with number not really looks but after I started to learn how to build them and start researching I discovered how beutiful they are and the Small Block V8 to me is one of the best.

When you think of american muscle you think V8 small and big both are awesome but the small blocks were in so many of those Mustangs Camaros and other cars from the late 60s . They just have that iconic look. I do not see many other engine designs that look so good.

I go to World of Wheel and I find myself spending a lot of time looking at the engines originals and customs. Its fascinating to me especially what people come up with.

Jason

·
Cross Menber
100 Posts
My coupe in the group. A 347 stroker in a 89 block.
Probably 400+, but never on a dyno.
Close to 8k miles on this engine and going strong.

It will make you take a spare pair of shorts with you
any time you push too hard :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just curious who's in the 347 Stroker Club with me?

Pics and Stats?

Mine - I have no numbers yet. I'm guessing 425 450 hp and torque to the Flywheel

Block out of a 88 Mustang GT
DSS Racing stroker kit aluminum forged pistons, Main Support. Windage tray and 7 qt rear oil pan.
Custom Comp cam
Roller Rockers
TFS 170 aluminum heads
Edlebrock Dual Quad intake
MSD ignition
Everything brand new
Just to name a few

Ha! Since I built him I named him
Mr. Smalls. Lol
View attachment 357013 View attachment 357015
Your engine looks fantastic! Love the valve covers. When I was in my teens I rebuilt my first small block. I'm hoping to do that again 40+ years later. I have a 351C that now sits in a 72 Mach 1. Next winter I plan on rebuilding it with some go fast parts. Oh, and some bling!

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your engine looks fantastic! Love the valve covers. When I was in my teens I rebuilt my first small block. I'm hoping to do that again 40+ years later. I have a 351C that now sits in a 72 Mach 1. Next winter I plan on rebuilding it with some go fast parts. Oh, and some bling!

Dave

Thank you. Hopefully it performs too. Ha

I cant wait to see your new project

·
Junior Charter Member
746 Posts
I'm with InlineDave as well. Levy 347 with Borla stacks. Gordon also did my Spyder with the Inglese 8 Stack. Much prefer the Borla system.

Reactions: InlineDave

·
Registered
395 Posts
Here are a couple of my 347. AFR heads, Comp cam, stack injection with Holley HP ECU. Built, Dyno'd and tuned by me. I have over 9000 miles and it's run flawlessly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I love being a part of this community, of the car community. I always wanted that. My mild Mustang never quit got me there. Now building this car has put me in the middle of a pretty special group.

I like to see more threads of people building now that is not always help and tech threads.

You get a lot more ideas when people get a chance to show off a little. Show off some amazing creative ideas.

I just like talking about the builds. Like the 347 stroker club.

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Bobl

Oh man. Loving the stacks. You guys are going to make me regret the dual quads. Ha maybe not I love them.

Great job on the build

Pretty awesome numbers

·
Registered
395 Posts
I built a 351 for my brother's Roadster with dual quad FITECH efi.You get the looks without the hassle. It made good power too, 475HP

Bob

Bobl

Oh man. Loving the stacks. You guys are going to make me regret the dual quads. Ha maybe not I love them.

Great job on the build

Pretty awesome numbers

·
Registered
11,828 Posts

The photo doesn't really show much.
  • ~450hp
  • Edelbrock Performer Heads (ported & polished)
  • ISKY Racing Cam
  • SCAT Crank & Rods
  • Probe Pistions w/ Tool Steel Wrist Pins
  • Billet Aluminum Main Girdle
  • Uses 20W-50
  • Idles ice cold at 650rpm
  • Effortlessly pulls the car up steep highway hills @1100 rpm in 5th gear
  • Holley 850 Double Pumper (yes, it's big)
  • Really shitty gas mileage
Mallory Ignition. I don't have a control box / rev limiter so I need to be careful.

Mated to a T5 world class with 28oz billet aluminum flywheel and Kevlar clutch from Zoom Racing

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NiceGuyEddie

Absolutely fantastic!!

Fantastic numbers

What was the size of the heads?

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Out of the box the Combustion Chamber was 60cc and the port size was 170cc/60cc but after all the smoothing and polishing, I'm not sure how that pans out. The exhaust ports were custom-ground to fit the headers almost exactly.

I don't have any pictures - what happened was I gave the guy that did the polishing a $100 digital camera. His wife thought he was cheating on her and she threw out the camera. Since the camera was gone, he threw in the main girdle for free!

I went with Edelbrock and not AFR because I wanted everything on the car to made in either USA or England. Except for the tires, I'm pretty damn close. Even my wheels were cast in The States (early 2000's)

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Out of the box the Combustion Chamber was 60cc and the port size was 170cc/60cc but after all the smoothing and polishing, I'm not sure how that pans out. The exhaust ports were custom-ground to fit the headers almost exactly.

I don't have any pictures - what happened was I gave the guy that did the polishing a $100 digital camera. His wife thought he was cheating on her and she threw out the camera. Since the camera was gone, he threw in the main girdle for free!

I went with Edelbrock and not AFR because I wanted everything on the car to made in either USA or England. Except for the tires, I'm pretty damn close. Even my wheels were cast in The States (early 2000's)

That was what my Trick flow twisted wedge heads were too. I was told they will make good power and also good drivers too.

I cant wait to see numbers on mine.

The polish and port probably gave you what maybe 25 to 30 hp?

Jason

·
Registered
384 Posts
Out of curiosity, since some of you built or assembled the motor, did you notice how far the piston sticks out the bottom of a stock block at BDC? Have you noticed any piston rocking/slapping on startup or oil consumption/smoke from the connecting pin going through the ring land area?
I was always curious how real these issues are on a 347.

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Out of curiosity, since some of you built or assembled the motor, did you notice how far the piston sticks out the bottom of a stock block at BDC? Have you noticed any piston rocking/slapping on startup or oil consumption/smoke from the connecting pin going through the ring land area?
I was always curious how real these issues are on a 347.
The other guys will have to answer that question.

I only have done the one engine and I have not driven it except a little go kart time. So far so good. I had it tested by pros and they said everything was perfect.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts