Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,345 Posts
I've been looking at 30's coupes for years. The problem, for me at least, is that they are cost prohibitive (compared to a FFR at least). I haven't looked seriously in a couple of years but the last time I did, you pretty much had to do the whole 9 yards yourself. You can get a nice body/rolling chassis from several manufacturers but you are going to be piecing together a whole bunch of stuff to build one. In other words, there is no complete kit that I know of for these types of cars. Outlaw performance makes very nice bodies .. and they have body/chassis combo's but don't offer any roadsters, I don't think.

Brookville makes a nice steel reproduction body but only up to '32 (I think they make a coupe now too!).

Bebops glassworks makes a decent '34 roadster body.

I think you or your friend will probably have to do your homework to find the best value available. Hopefully someone here will have some experience and be able to head you in the right direction. If not, find a forum where you can discuss 'glass bodied hotrods without getting beat up for mentioning it and see what they are running.

Stay away from Street Beasts.

HTH

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Wescott makes one of the best glass bodies.They are all steel reinforced. Outlaw makes a nice body/chassis "roller"( they do a 34 rdstr). TCI makes some very nice chassis'. Have him pick up the latest issue of Street Rodder and look at some of the advertisers there. Also lots of info here at www.roadsters.com
http://www.outlawrods.com/kits/34fordcoupe.html

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,521 Posts
B&B has a 34 as well.

·
Charter Member
3,486 Posts
Or you can wait for the FFR 32 duce. They have to make one sooner or later there is certainly a market for this and I can just imagine the repeat customers they would have for something like this. FFR are you listening ? I suspect so

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.