Hp 296
Tq 276

Just for comparison crate 306 with coupe sidepipes, 650 qf
250hp, can't remember the tq

Mike

·
Tool Collector
6,598 Posts
Really vague on the details of the engine. Although the carb/FI induction is an important part of the equation, camshaft and heads play a major part of the end HP and TQ numbers. With a run of the mill cam and E-type cylinder heads, I would say your numbers are spot on.

·
Registered
377 Posts
At this point, you know how your car is driven and so did Mark. It is hard to keep 500 hp. quiet. Also the pieces in your 331 were chosen for durability and not just horsepower. I hope you love it after you complete your next Cannonball Run.

Glen

·
2,925 Posts
things we learned on the dyno
1) we need fresh air to the throttle body.
pulling the hot air from under the hood is killing us.
2) the full under car exhaust robs alot of power like always
and the transverse single muffler even more.

the long block was built by Snyder performance in Dover PA.
and
He wanted use to use a victor JR intake, but as most know no way on a coupe.

Mike what was the mileage difference between
the carbed 306
and
the EFI 331

·
Junior Charter Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The above post reporting the dyno numbers is not meant to represent disappointment. My situation is different than most and I wanted more of a gt car. I know that the changes that have been made will have neg effects on power.

Very happy with the results thus far. Definitely more power. The steering is spot on and sucks you into the corners. Brakes are predictable once hot. fitech runs smoothly. Although a Few times it has died when you depress the clutch. Running in the rain is a bit problematic, the extra torque results in wheel spin in all gears but fifth, even with careful application of the throttle.

Nearly 23 mpgs with interstate driving at 75mph. The 306 gave at best 20-21.

Mike

·
Charter Member
2,611 Posts
He wanted use to use a victor JR intake, but as most know no way on a coupe.
Is there a problem with the Victor Jr intake? I am running one with Victor Jr heads. I am changing in a few months to an Air Gap manifold.

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts