Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m only waiting on a new SFI rated flywheel and the Scat 9000 rotating assembly will head to the balancing shop.

My combo is as follows...
91 302 block zero decked 0.030 bore, torque plate honed, line honed, Comp XE266HR12 camshaft (@ .050 lift 216/224) advertised 266/274. .544 intake lift, .555 exhaust lift, Blueprint 190cc aluminum heads 60cc chambers 2.02 intake valve, 1.60 exhaust valve, Weiand 8124 Street Warrior Intake, Summits 600cfm Autolite4100 clone carburetor (4 barrel annular boosters, vacuum/mechanical advance secondaries...
I’ve plotted my numbers, to include compressed gasket volume and my static CR is 9.65:1 and my dynamic CR is 7.93:1
Any glaring issues or mismatches here?
This is my first build, anyone have any input would be very welcome!
Thanks

·
8,127 Posts
Sounds like a conservative combination that will give great around town driveability. Plenty torquey and good throttle response. Should be a fun motor. If you get the urge for more power after driving it for a while upgrading the cam and intake will provide a nice higher RPM HP boost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! That’s precisely what I was hoping for, a little oomph down low, not fall on its face too soon, hopefully last a while...

·
Charter Member
1,563 Posts
I have that cam in my 5.0 (.40 over). With edelbrock 2.02 rpm heads, rpm intake, Holley sniper TB and dual sync. Really like the set up. Have approx 10:1 CR. Good power and still somewhat predictable. Has been excellent for road trips. Dyno was just over 300 HP and 360 torque at the wheels.

At the beginning of the season it feels like a rocket. By the end I am thinking of a stroker like yours or a 347. Then winter comes and the cycle continues...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts