·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, pretty awesome until you open your wallet :eek:

$5k for a set is just a little too steep for me. I'll buy my $1500 set of heads, port them, and put the other $2500 into the rest of the motor...

Seriously, though. I've never seen any real world flow tests on those things, and until I do, I wouldn't even think of spending that much money on a set of heads. Heck, that's enough money to buy a decent long block.

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$5k IS a lot of money for a set of heads. My Blue Thunder heads are $3,500 and to me THAT'S a lot.

Since they are close to where I work, I may just drive over and visit them.

-Keith

·
Senior Charter Member
580 Posts
5K ???? Take a close look and you will see Chry all over them. What are we going to use them for? I Think I woud take the 5K and the extra 3K spent to bolt the on =8K and look for me FE427 Ford . This way you could increase the value of your (Orginal FFR) about 10K and be a big block boy.Now add a little Nitro and we could have a funny car. If you bought a used NASCAR engine and stuck it in your project you could sound mean as hell and smoke you tires to the rims.Its great to see the wheel being reinvented again.Dodge is coming back . I have built 351 W since the late 60's and found that this motor has a home between the 221 and 460. I thing I would sit back an see where these Moon Rocks head go.Lets finish our pet's and go driving ,bench raceing,or maybe some tracetime.Lets buy some FMS 351 GT-40-385 HP for $4999. and have a race. These should be good enought to get us tickets in a 35MPH zone. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts