Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3224 is back in TN with a shiny new coat of paint! Thanks to Dave Heidrich (NCPainter)in Huntersville, NC, I have a sparkling silver car in the shop. After 2 1/2+ years, I am on the home stretch - if all goes well, we should be on the road in a couple of weeks. I will attempt to post a photo now and again when the car is complete. Thanks to all for the advise and support for the last couple of years.

Mark

·
Registered
3,217 Posts

maybe this works for you... Nice Color! Going to be a great looking roadster!
Ken

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Oh well, I tried to post it for you!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Mark,

I saw your Cobra in person a couple of days before you picked it up and it looked great! While we haven't met, I watched your Cobra come together from bare fiberglass to finished product. I'm not sure if you knew these pictures existed, but here's some pics I took during the paint and body work process.

All I can say is that I watched NCPainter put alot of time and effort into your Cobra from start to finish. He truly can work some magic on these bodies as your Mk1 Cobra required a TON of body work (lots of pin holes in the fiberglass from FFR and gel coat in the seams).

Congrats on the getting #3224 painted...you are real close now! Dave's working on mine now, so I won't be far behind you!

Drew
FFR#3928

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Oh...I thought it was a Mk1 because NCPainter had the new style FFR door hinge mounting plates welded on to your chassis to enable a much better fit for the doors to the body.

At any rate, great looking car and thanks for the hood hinge idea too!

Drew
FFR#3928

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
Very nice Painter Dude, a few more and we'll have to get you in a pair of tights. You'll love the way they hug your curves and like I always say..." chicks dig a guy in tights!"

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
"Who you gonna call?"

Hey kids...the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man says "Just say NO to Harbor Freight paint guns!"

:D :D

I'll stop by over the weekend NCPainter Dude...

Drew
FFR#3928

1 - 13 of 13 Posts