Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Charter Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using the FMS 302 to 351 SS Mustang headers and was wondering if the sidepipes will bolt up, or do I need the drop mounts for a proper fit. I also have cats.Thanks in advance for any advice.
Ergie

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,525 Posts
Hey Richard,
How bout those MAC swap headers? I will be going to 4 into 4's sooner or later but am using the shorties for now. Just wondering if those will work also. Thanks in advance!

Mike

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
used mac headers on my car also. no problem at all!!
scott

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,525 Posts
Thanks Bill and Scott!!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Gee Jim..

3-Link and dropping in the 351 all within a few months....

I think its time you bought a coupe!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Along these lines, what clearance issues have folks had with the older FFR frames (mine is circa mid '97) when putting in the 351 block? I've heard that it is a VERY tight fit. Is this not true? Also, what are the MAC "swap headers"?

·
Charter Member
241 Posts
Just curious, you guys with the mac swap headers.. how is the sidepipe alignment to the body? I kept my 302 headers when i put in the 351 and modified them for footbox clearance... it got me through the summer.. but my siepipes wont line up at all... just wanted to know if the swpa headers work fine thanks:)

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
Rastor,
Side pipes lined up very close with the mac's. Passenger side lined up closer to the front of the body cutout, drivers lined up just touching the back edge of the cutout. Also passenger side just a touch higher than drivers side.
Hopes this helps, Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts