Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I am building a crankcase breather system for my Spec Racer and I need to have measurements from the back of the valve cover to the firewall. Pictures would be nice as well if you have them - they should be straight down shots (man am I picky or what?).. :rolleyes:

Anyways - the measurements should be from the widest part of the Valve Cover directly rearward.

The idea here is to bore a hole in the back of the valve cover and install a -10 AN fitting where I will hook up a 90 degree fitting and hose to go to the external breather tank.

Thanks for your help!

·
6,546 Posts
You could use -8 or probably even -6 for this. Cheaper and easier to work with unless you already have the -10 fittings / hose.

-10 is some BIG stuff.

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always use -10 for breathers and -12 for oil lines. The idea is to have as little restriction as possible and let the chambers in the breather tank handle the separation duties.
Remember that this is for a racecar and it will be seeing higher RPMs for extended periods of time - particularly if we run it in the 25 hour race.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shameless bump....

I would hate to punch holes in a set of COBRA valve covers and have them be in the wrong spots. :(

Anyone?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts

Stock LX donor covers - 5" from the back to the fire wall - driver's side.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
F-A-N-T-A-B-U-L-O-U-S ! ! ! ! !

That was
precisely
what I was looking for!

Thank you VERY much!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.