Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get 3" rubber hose (about 6" in length needed)for a cold air intake I'm fabricating? It'll be used to connect the long black Mustang 5.0 air tube to a mass air meter on a non-FFR application. I can't find suitably flexible stuff around here. It must be able to flex over a 3 1/8" diameter air meter, and will be attached to a 3" stainless tube on the other side. Thanks!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
Did You look in home depot in the plumbing isle? There have some nifty rubber piping. Theres an online company too ill have to dig up the name... Heres a pic of a power pipw we fabed up!

Rgds

Rob

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rob, nice setup! I'm doing the same type thing. Home Depot plumbing and A/C parts are wrong dimensions. The rubber connector w.here your rig attaches between the mass air meter and the silver pipe is the piece I'm looking to find. Has to be 3" on both ends, and able to "flex" enough to fit over the mass air which is actually 3 1/8" OD. I gotta find a ricer shop or something around here, no luck so far! Thanks for the pic and response.

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Hey John,
H.D. sell some 3" aluminum flex hose like I used on my fresh air vents, (back wall next to the floor by the screening materials) or Grizzly sells 3" rubber hose. Stop buy and I'll give you a piece of aluminum to try.
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
Charter Member
842 Posts
John,

Powerdyne sells the tubing with their blower kit. Give them a call...

Chris

·
Charter Member
394 Posts
John,
Does it have to have the bellow in it or is a straight piece fine? I have some 3" high pressure rubber hose for superchanger application but I believe it is 3" OD. I'll check to see if it will fit over a 3" pipe tonight. If it will, I'll FedEx a 6" piece out to you.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help you guys. Chris W, the high pressure hose won't work for this application, I've tried some of that I bought locally. I'll check out the other ideas and see what I can come up with. Thanks again for the help.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,542 Posts
I think the place Rob got his stuff is www.airflo.com

Hope this helps!

Mike

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Cool!Truck intake parts! I'm going to stop at a truck dealer tomorrow to see if any rubber parts like this are available without ordering. If not, AirFlo here I come! Thanx again all you guys.

·
Premium Member
16,570 Posts
John,
How about snooping around a scrap yard for something you can modify to suit. For example this is from a '90 Integra. The end on the airbox is right about 3-1/8 and the tube has an ID of about 3". It is a fairly soft and flexible hose and could be trimmed shorter. With all the different cars out there I'm sure you could find something that is close to what you need.

HTH, Rod

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
John,

Spend some time on McMaster-Carr's website as they have tons of hose types. Also, check Aircraft Spruce for heavier hose / ducts that can withstand higher temperatures (i.e., CAT, SCEET).

Hope this helps.
Drew
FFR#3928

·
8,356 Posts
Has the wife missed the towel yet?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts