Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm confused!!! What is the difference between the two? My donor has Southside upper and lower control arms, subframe connectors and 2" lowering springs. Can I use these in my build? OR ...do I have to go to the orginal donor suspension in the rear? If I do, then is the 3-link a good replacement for the extra money(1K US from FFR)? I know everyone says ," Go 3-link", but I want a basic build!
What are your thoughts? Can I use what I have or will I have to revert to the stock suspension? If I have to revert, then, is the 3-link a better option? Remember, I want a basic build. I'm not worried about wheel hop, etc.... I want a daily driver for me, the wife and daughter only on sunny days between April and October.

Bill

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Bill
you can use what you have except for the springs, need full length ones
David W

·
5,042 Posts
Originally posted by David Williamson:
Bill
you can use what you have except for the springs, need full length ones
David W
Hmmm, not sure this is true since you would cut down stock springs anyway.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Dave.

2savage, when the springs are cut, how many inches come off with one full coil removed? In other words, what is the length (top to bottom) of the modified spring?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a set of springs already cut and painted. I'll send them to you for the cost of shipping. Email or PM me if you want them.

·
8,350 Posts
Now, thats a deal!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts