Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me what size bolt is required with the FFR 3 link control arms...

I was planning to put them on today and nothing I got from FFR looks right or fits.....I have some 1/2 inch grade 8 that I thought might work but they will not go through the bushing in control arms (almost but not quite

HELP, please

Dave

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Dave
they are metric, 2 come with the kit if you got the FFr lowers and 2 donnor ones. they are the ones with 10.9 on the head. Sorry can't rememder the size
David W

·
Charter Member
926 Posts
I THINK (that's scary) you need 12mm bolts. Call Mark Reynolds @ Breeze automotive. He sent me EXACTLY what I needed. It was difficult to find them long enough in a 12mm size at the hardware store. They need to be about 4 1/2 inches long or equivelent in meteric size.

Give Mark a call...

Ted

·
Charter Member
682 Posts
I used a 1/2 drill bit to ream out the bushing to make mine work. Just get the speed up real high on the bit and push real slow, use some cutting oil.

·
Senior Charter Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info

Dave

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,543 Posts
One quick note on the bolts fitting and such, be sure you clean all the powdercoating from all the holes you will be putting bolts in. This can make a huge difference in the fit. I used a dremel tool with a small sandpaper roll to clean mine out. Things fit together better once I did that. Same goes for the axle bracket. Try putting all 4 bolts through the clamp with it off the car and you may need to run a drill through one hole to allow all 4 bolts to fit without wrestling. Good Luck with it!

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts