Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to intall the rearend and had a few questions. (1) I had to buy longer bolts for the 3-link lower control arms and wondered if I had to open up the lower holes on the traction lock bracket? The bolts are a little big for the lower hole.(2)On the rear shocks (at the top), do I use the upper holes or the lower holes? (3) I checked the older topics and wondered if there were some newer pics of the Mark III 3-links installed?
Thanks!

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,170 Posts
Did you get metric bolts?

If I remember it right I replaced them too and they were metric, not standard. Those would be either to small, or too big for the holes.
Check your bolts if they have a number on them (ex. 10.9), or lines for the grades.

Olivier

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you read the book you are supposed to reuse some bolts from the donor (Not a chance) They are metric and i think they were like 10X100 or something like that. What ever you do dont drill out the holes. I did really sorry
JP

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,170 Posts
I might have some left from my build.
Tell me which ones you're looking at and I check if I have some left.

Olivier

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had the same problem.My bolts from the donor were in tough shape.I tried to get new ones from Ford, but they are not available. I contacted FFR and bought new ones directly from them. They were only $10 for four. I'm pretty sure they are metric.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I got the 10.9 metric, just longer. They are smaller than the 1/2 sae, but still after scraping paint out of the holes they will not fit. As far as the book, **** **! My grandson could do a better job. Everything I've learned so far has come from this site. The book is buried under parts. I guess I'll just sand a little out.
What about the shocks?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,456 Posts
I will send you an email with some info.

Mike

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
22,193 Posts
BBAXTER,

I noticed my donor bolts were short on the end of the control arm that meets the traction bracket. Only about half the nut get threads. I bought some 1/2" x 4 1/2" grade 8 bolts but have not installed them. Will wait and see what info this topic produces. I went with the top holes on the frame to mount the shock and later swithed to the bottom holes. I hope someone cam clearify which holes are correct.

·
Land Shark!
4,668 Posts
Mark at Breeze Automotive (a forum vendor) has the bolts....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts