Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Caress of Steel
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My coilovers came with two long spacers for the upper part of the rear shock, and only one long spacer for the bottom of the shock, when it seems like there should be two shorter spacers, one to go on either side of the spherical joint in the bracket.

Am I missing something?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,672 Posts
Joe, I'm struggling with the same thing. I posted the same question earlier this month. From the one response I got, it looks like what we have is wrong. I finally got my rear springs yesterday and want to finish this up! Take a look at the pic that Allan put in his response to my post.

I called FFR and they seemed a bit confused about it, too. I'm supposed to be getting the correct spacers sent out to me but I'm not sure if I'll just end up with the same thing again. What they originally sent matched up to the packing list!

What I have is 6 total spacers (for both sides). They're all long but if you look closely, 2 are slightly longer. According to FFR, it's only 4/100's longer. I found that if I use a longer one and a shorter one, they fit perfectly for the top mount. If I use 2 shorter ones, I have to add a washer in there.

For the bottom, if I use a shorter one and the shim, it's the correct length. However, the shock isn't centered in the mount, as I would expect it to be. The shock will hit the edge of the bracket and the axle strap hits the coilover mount. I can't find any combination that works using the longer spacer.

I've also emailed two local guys asking them what their setup is. One guy offered to come by tomorrow so I may have the final answer soon!

·
Land Shark!
4,668 Posts
I made a .6 inch spacer out of a piece of black pipe I bought at Home Depot. I'm pretty sure it was a 3/8 pipe that was the closest to the size of the spacers that came from FFR.

·
Caress of Steel
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah...thanks guys.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,672 Posts
Joe, I just had a visit from a local FFR builder with 3 link & coilovers. He confirmed that my spacer setup is the same as what he has. It doesn't seem right but maybe it is. He did relocate his axle straps and I think I'm going to do the same. If I don't, I'll at least have to bend the bottom part so it's not hitting the coilover.

I'm still expecting a new set of spacers from FFR. I'll let you know if I get anything different than what I already have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts