Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed my 3-Link, Bilstien Shocks & Coil Overs and FFR Lower Control Arms on my build (which is late Mark II chasis) according to the manual and all of the pictures I could dig up on the net. It looks right except that the rear end sits about an inch to the driver's side! The wheels are on the ground everything works. What did I do wrong?

Gregg

FFR 4733

·
Senior Charter Member
515 Posts
You need to adjust the panhard bar to center the axle in the chassis.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Buzz - and you do that how??

·
Premium Member
16,323 Posts
Loosen the two nuts on the panhard rod ends and then rotate the tube to lengthen or shorten it as required. One end is LH thread and the other is RH so turning the tube changes the length. You also have to do the same with the upper 3-link tube to adjust the pinion angle.

Cheers, Rod

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Yes, center the rear in the CHASSIS. I did this using several points of reference on the frame. Now the bad news: the fiberglass body may not be symetrical (on my MK III and several others that I've read about here) so it is very likely that one wheel will be about 1/2" closer to the fender arch than the other. Things like this can make you crazy.

·
Senior Charter Member
515 Posts
Get it close as mentioned above and then take the car for alignment get them to center the axle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts