Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFR Master Procrastinator
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have looked at this for hours now, and I figured out that my bracket (drivers side) is backwards. Im not sure if its a recent change, or if its even that big a deal.
Look at the pictures (this is my first time posting pictures, so I hope it works)

I looked at other 3 link set setups:
http://www.doublestripes.com/3_link/web/slides/3_link_1.html
as well at dv/dt's,
and if you compare, my driverside bracket has the lower shock mount on the inside, when all the other brackets have them on the outside.
I doubt that FFR could have made the bracket incorrectly, but it just freaks me out because it doesnt look like all the other ones.

Does anyone have a similar driver side bracket, or is it incorrect.
Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I believe they have sent you the wrong bracket. It has been some time since I built up my 3-link but I too had a very similar problem and it was a mix-up on their end. Call them and explain, they will fix the problem.

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That stinks. I was hoping to have my rear end done this weekend!
Oh well... yet another delay.

·
Premium Member
16,561 Posts
Not a messed up welding job but the wrong bracket. Ones for the 3-link and the other, wrong one, is for the 4-link set up which is a mirror image of the other 3-link one. Give them a ring.

Cheers, Rod

·
Building
833 Posts
Ah that would make sense - Good catch Rod

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was trying to figure out what kind of crack the employee was on when that bracket was welded... but your theory makes sense as well.

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
2,811 Posts
The brackets aren't 90* square so it wouldn't have just been welded incorrectly. It would have been bent backwards as well. Man that would be a Friday afternoon job eh!

It's the old swaparoo time. Check your steering rods as well, I had to send mine back for the correct one.

A

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I already sent my stearing rod back- it was the wrong one. Any other common shipping errors out there?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts