Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone teach me about the 3 link system? How do I adjust them properly? Give me an example on how do things effect the handling?

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
2,811 Posts
Once the body is on and ride height is set, adjust the side to side using the panhard (long) bar so the wheels are centered. Then you want to set the pinion angle of the differential using the short (upper) bar. This adjustment is so the driveshaft will not bind through the travel of the suspension. 2 degrees down is a good starting point.

The different holes for the control arms are decided by how much horsepower you have. There are differing opinions on which way to set it up but it basically comes down to usage. Street, strip, track, or autocross will be the deciding factors as well as engine and wheel combinations.

Pretty good reading here http://www.lateral-dynamics.com/products/

·
Junior Charter Member
1,164 Posts
Thanx for that diagram Hozr,your 3-link install guide was awesome, and helped me very much

jimmy O

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,700 Posts
Also the lower arms should be parallel to the ground or whichever hole is closest to that.I couldn't feel any difference when I switched mine however.OTOH,the 3rd link location was noticeable.I have just a stock 5.0 but am running 180 rear springs, so i moved the 3rd link to the lower hole in the frame mount.I could notice a reduced amount of squat w/ that change.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Craig I experience the same as you. I played with moving the lowwer control arms and also the top bar. Once I moved to the bottom hole it made car hook up much better when leaving the line but it made a bigger difference in how it corners. Much less body roll.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts