Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock 2:73 rear and a new set of 3:73's with carrier that I'd like to swap someone for a rear that is set up with 3:27's. I know the 3:73's are a nice set up for getting off the line, but I don't plan on doing much racing so the 3:27's will be more suitable for me. If someone has a 3:27 posi 4 lug all set up that would like to swap me even for the 2:73 4 lug rear & 3:73 gears that I have, I'd love to talk. Shipping would be a little too cumbersome. So, it would have to be someone in the Mid Atlantic area as I'm in Delaware.

[ November 25, 2002, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Horizon200 ]

·
Senior Charter Member
328 Posts
Mike- I have 3.08 posi 4-lug complete rear from my donor that I would love to trade for just the new 3.73's. I'm about 5hours from the NJ/DE border so I would like to meet half way if interested.
Bob

·
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob,
I's really like to hold out for 3:27's at this point. But will keep your offer in mind. What stage of the build are you? I'm still a ways from hanging the rear.

[ November 25, 2002, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Horizon200 ]

·
Senior Charter Member
328 Posts
My car is running (sort of) with an unpainted body and getting stuff worked out before I send the body to the painter. The rear I mentioned was from the donor. I went with IRS, 3:55 and Torsen diff. I have two Mark VIII rears that have 3.07 ratio, so I would put the 3.73's in one of those.

You should be able to find someone with the 3.27's you're looking for.

Bob

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Everyone has a different opinion,,,so here's mine.
I'm very happy with my 3.08 gears. 1st, 2nd,3rd pull hard. In 5th. 2000 rpm is about 65-70(I think). I can listen to the radio or talk at highway speed.
My .02
RR

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,034 Posts
Well I have had 3:08,3:27,3:55's. My vote would be 3:55's. First is a little short with them but everything else is great. With all that said I have a used set of 3:27 for $40 + shipping or trade them for your 3:73 if you want. I would set them up but shipping the rear end wouldn't be worth it.
Jeff Hamilton

·
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RR,
I'm sure 3:08's would be fine. I'm just still on the fence and so am looking for something a little closer to the 3:73's but not quite the 3:08 range. That leaves me with 3:55's or 3:27's. I think the 3:27's will be a little more akin to the type of driving I'll do.

Jeff,
Thanks but if I am going to do the gear swap, I'll just stick the 3:73's in there. I am really not that atuned to doing that type of work so was looking for something that was already set up. Thanks tho
Cheers

·
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ttt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts