Factory Five Racing Forum banner
241 - 260 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
any updates to share?

826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
The car is back apart again and Bruce is doing finish welding on the frame. I think he has a couple more fiberglass pieces to make. Getting close...

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Any updates?

826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 · (Edited)
Bruce sent me some pics recently that I didn't put up. He's going to send more in a day or two. We're making mods to fit up a Turbo Encapulator. You should ask him about that. Really trick.

I'm in Birmingham working this week so I'll try to get pics up in the evening.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
If you have as much difficulties with your Turbo Encabulator than me with my Sequential Gonculator --- Boy o' Boy that will be a heck of a job.

Good luck - hope you and your car can handle that.

826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
None of this stuff was part of the original plan, but I'm glad it is now. Bruce has a lot of good ideas that I always seem to like. The roll bar has a larger radius and I think that will go well with the wide Goodyear Billboard tires on the back and fender flares. Well, when the top isn't on it!

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Fantastic! When do you expect him to break it all down and final weld everything?

826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
When it's done. Not being a wise guy... when it is done it will be done. I'm not worried about time. This is a keeper and it will take less time to do it the first time. My idiot buddies think the car is in Nigeria but I don't see any cheetahs running down that alley. Wait a minute, Bruce did say something about a Cheetah... I know he's got more than one project moving along though.

·
Senior Charter Member
798 Posts
At least you showed us some pictures to prove that some part of it exists. :)

826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
At least you showed us some pictures to prove that some part of it exists. :)
You sound like everyone else I know. It is going to be a while longer before I take delivery. I've actually asked Bruce to move Bill D's car ahead of mine. There is a chance we could be seeing a change of scenery. It will save a headache if that is squared away either way prior to having this thing on my hands. Bill is happy because he is retired and anxious to get his toy. It works for everyone.

If you're around maybe we can come see your hotrod this weekend. It is done, isn't it?

·
Senior Charter Member
798 Posts
You sound like everyone else I know. It is going to be a while longer before I take delivery. I've actually asked Bruce to move Bill D's car ahead of mine. There is a chance we could be seeing a change of scenery. It will save a headache if that is squared away either way prior to having this thing on my hands. Bill is happy because he is retired and anxious to get his toy. It works for everyone.

If you're around maybe we can come see your hotrod this weekend. It is done, isn't it?
Would love for you guys to come by. Get Bob to drive his Cobra over so I can take a look at the mechanical linkage.

·
Senior Charter Member
798 Posts
Ok, Where is it, any progress? Ready to roll the hotrod out of the garage.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Is there a way to restore these switches? Can the glass tips be removed? If you can remove the glass, maybe paint them inside with this stuff.

Amazon.com: Next Generation SUPER Glow in the Dark (And Blacklight) Paint (Green): Clothing
Sorry, but in reading thru this thread, I just HAD to interject on this subject.
What happens under that glass cap is the Radium-226 is putting off high energy(4.8MeV) Helium atoms (alpha) as it decays. Those particles are interacting with a phosphor (usually zinc sulfide doped with copper) to make the glow. The Radium has a half-life of 1600 years, so it is very much active in there. You could, feasibly, remove the glass cap and put a very thin layer of phosphor on top then glue the cap back on, but I wouldn't. Radium is nasty stuff and while alpha's are shielded with something as thin as a piece of paper, the damage to your eyes and fingers would not be healthy at all.

Otherwise ... this is a great build and some exceedingly talented folks are making this car. I am very impressed! I am going to have to make a 3 hour drive west and visit Bruce's place sometime and get ideas for a future build.

241 - 260 of 282 Posts