Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
craftsman
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The big race is just around the corner! The competition is at its highest level in history with 4 Porsches, 1 SLC. 1 Panoz, 6 M3 Bimmers! Over 20 professional drivers from around the world are composing the ES Class where we run. As requested by one of our devoted supporters, we are attempting to "live stream" the pits and our part of the race. Details to follow. We did not race this year as it was a re-construction season preparing for the tenth annual running of this event. To our surprise, the car attracted some very credible pro drivers! the car, with support and devotion from all my friends, students, and the forum, the car made huge improvements i handling, speed, and various upgrades and innovations. Some of the improvements: Removed anti squat, race slicks, 14" brakes package, LS3 power-plant, Easy to read dash, Driving lights that are better than daylight!, new sway bar. We will see if all this puts us in the winner's circle this year!

See you at the races!
Team Prototype Development Group

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
I would like to add that while the PDG team did not race in a sanctioned event this year there were TONS of laps turned in testing of the new systems and drivers. Richard, Yvonne, Jim, and the rest of the volunteers have been working their butts off to make this year the best year we have ever had as far as competing for the win in the 25 Hours of Thunderhill. We have the equipment, and we have the skilled drivers this year. All we need is some luck and some smart driving to get this job done!

Special thanks also to Mendeola Transaxles, and Baja Designs. These two companies, in particular, have come through for team PDG with specialty items for the car that we could not find anywhere else, and would not have been able to afford to buy/make ourselves. Both these companies have partnered with our team to use the FFR PDG GTM as a test bed for their cutting edge and newly designed products.

SUPER HUGE THANK YOU TO THEM FOR THEIR SUPPORT.

And congrats to Baja Designs and Mendeola for also having a very successful 2012 Baja 1000 event this last weekend! Yeah, the fast guys in the desert use their stuff too!:)

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
can you enlighten us on the removal of the anti squat? the reason, method, and effects? thanks.
The amount of anti squat that was in the car, combined with the amount of power we have, combined with the amount of grip we have, resulted in the rear of the car actually lifting up under hard accelleration. This resulted in the car feeling a bit "loose". The removal of some anti squat along with adjusting spring rates and shock valving has resulted in a much more stable car.

I will leave the specifics as to how it was done to Richard as I was not in the shop when the modifications were made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.