Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running same size on all corners? I have a nice set of ‘98 Cobra wheels but thought I’d ask around before I spring for the rubber.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have 245's on the front because I couldn't find any larger in the Michelin Pilot Sport model i wanted. They really look tiny and I cant wait to change them. I cant imagine how tiny they would look on the back.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,218 Posts
I do for my track rims & tires. Just so I can rotate and wear evenly.

Street, not needed

·
Junior Charter Member
2,915 Posts
I can't imagine having less rubber on the rear. I am running 315s. Both for acceleration and lift-off oversteer (the thing that really gets people into trouble). These cars need all the rear grip they can get.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,698 Posts
I can't imagine having less rubber on the rear. I am running 315s. Both for acceleration and lift-off oversteer (the thing that really gets people into trouble). These cars need all the rear grip they can get.
Me too.

·
Registered
384 Posts
If you are going to try and go square use a 295 or 305 at least.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
As others have said, 245 in the rear will work. It will look weird unless you are using spacers to bring the tire out further to the fender.

I've run 275 all around with a bit of rubbing in the front as they sit about an 1/8 of an inch out from the front fender.

Now I'm running 255 with a 9.5" rim in the front and 275 with a 10.5" rim in the rear. I don't rotate.
The side walls look the same.

When I ran the 275 all around the front sidewalls were not straight up like the rear sidewalls.
Looked a bit weird and probably led to more sidewall deflection in the front.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I have 17x9" wheels front and rear. Nitto 245-45-17 in front and 275-40-17 in the rear. Both are within spec for the 9" wide tire but there is a bit more sidewall bulge in the rear for that Cobra look (subtle). Most people will need to replace tires due to age before they wear out.
In my case my tires are 12 years old and have about 7500 miles no them. Maybe if you live where the winters are short and drive a lot you could think about rotation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts