Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! This thing is gonna be awesome! 0-60mph in <3 seconds, dual clutch trans, < $60k.. So many bells and whistles and fit and finish of a production car. This could be everything I want the GTM to be. After the reveal yesterday, I am falling hard in love with the corvette again! I'm really wanting to see what the Z06 version brings to the table in a year or so. I may have to get one.

On the other hand, this stuff could be awesome for the GTM as well. I really want to know the possibilities of swapping the C8 drivetrain into a GTM now that it has a legit transaxle.

https://www.motor1.com/news/360672/c8-corvette-2020-chevy-debut/

·
Junior Charter Member
3,114 Posts
I'll second the C-7 as the best looking Vette. The C-8 just doesn't have any________ (fill in blank).

·
Charter Member
3,422 Posts
Too jagged for my tastes almost looks angry, too much Japanese influence. Give me comfort with great handling, I don't need 0-60 in under 3 seconds. Compare this design with a Aston Martin and I'll take the Aston. Just wish I could get the Aston for under 60K.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I have never been a Vette fan but I like the last few versions and I think this is the best one yet. I don't ever see me getting one but I do like it.
David W

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,733 Posts
...and you drive an MG replica?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Owned this one for 28 years, had no interest in any of them till now.

C2

C8

What I would/will order from the configuration page when one of my leases runs out next summer. Z51-2LT Out the door around $71,000. Interesting the hissy fit some of the guys on the Corvette forum are throwing with the C7 now being last years model.

Think it looks a lot more like $300,000 Italian than anything the Japanese build

·
Junior Charter Member
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, nice '67, Kevin. I agree that the C8 really has stepped it up several notches and looks more like what a supercar "should" now. In terms of looks, I love how they brought the corvette into supercar territory, rather than trying to bring a supercar to the vette (if that makes any sense haha).

I've been reading the corvetteforum as well. Definitely some entertainment material there!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Wow, nice '67, Kevin. I agree that the C8 really has stepped it up several notches and looks more like what a supercar "should" now. In terms of looks, I love how they brought the corvette into supercar territory, rather than trying to bring a supercar to the vette (if that makes any sense haha).

I've been reading the corvetteforum as well. Definitely some entertainment material there!
Thanks, Thought I would do a Convertible match also to see if they copied the Japanese or Italians.

Corvette C8

Ferrari 488

Enzo is most likely rolling around in his grave waiting for a design copyright suit against GM

·
Registered
2,350 Posts

·
Type 65 Coupe in progress
901 Posts
There is a reason all the world's supercars are mid engine designs. Now Chevy has one. And it's way cheaper than everybody else's. Prepare to see the supercar scene Americanized.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just want the transaxle!
I had the same thought. In a couple of years after the wrecks start pilling up, there are going to be some transaxle or transaxel / motor combos coming out. This will open up some really interesting mid-engine cars to be built.

·
Junior Charter Member
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I just want the transaxle!
Yup! Would love to have that drivetrain for my GTM! I'm very curious to see if it would be close enough to fit our application. From the pictures, the trans looks very compact, which gives me hope that it may be a real possibility!

Also, imagine how fast it would take a GTM from 0-60 being 1000 pounds lighter than the C8 that will get there in under 3 seconds.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts