Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:clap:

NW Club Cobra,

Summer is right around the corner (kinda). Jake has organized a trip to beautiful British Columbia.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/131863-2015-whistler-run-mountain-july10-12-a.html

It has been many years since the club has traveled over the border and we are due once again. So get your passports early and make you reservations now. He has secured great room rates at the Pan Pacific Resort. This is a top shelf place that is very nice at the base of the mountain. They have blocked 15 rooms for 30 days and after that it will be space available. So if you would like to have room options book ASAP. This will also make sure you get the group rate. We will leave from the I-5/Hwy 512 McDonald's on July 10th around 0830 Hrs and venture north and pick up our friends from the north along the way. We will return on Sunday morning and have a nice drive back to the states! As we get closer Jake will fine tune leaving time. If you have never been to the Whistler Village it is amazing with great views of the mountains. The village offers lots of cuisine within walking distance of the resort. See below for rates. They are in Canadian so you will get them cheaper depending on the exchange rate. Parking will be in the under ground garage. See below for the parking rates. Please post if you are going to attend. I know several of the old time Cobra Club members will be attending. Let's make this the biggest club event yet! Don't forget to use the Shelby Cobra Club group name when making your reservations
GROUP NAME: Shelby Cobra Club
EVENT DATES: Friday, July 10, 2015 - Sunday, July 12, 2015
GUEST ROOM RATES
(PPWHI) Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside
Studio Suite Lower Floor $119.00
Studio Suite Upper Floor $139.00
One Bedroom Lower Floor Suite $189.00
One Bedroom Upper Floor Suite $209.00
Two Bedroom Lower Floor Suite $284.00
The above rates are based on the hotel’s general inventory/terms and a
minimum 2 night stay.
Rate Release Date: June 10, 2015
Hotel Amenities
 Complimentary hi-speed Internet access for all guest suites
 Complimentary local and 1-800 calls
 Complimentary ski/bike valet service
 Complimentary use at Pan Pacific Village Center and Pan Pacific Mountainside of the fitness facility, pool and pool decks
 Secured underground parking is available at $15.00 CAD per vehicle per night plus tax for self-park.
 Valet parking services available at $25.00 CAD per vehicle per night plus tax.
Terms and Conditions
1. Rates are net, and are quoted in Canadian Dollars.
2. Rates are valid THREE (3) Days Pre Event and THREE (3) Days Post Event, subject to availability at the time of booking.
3. Rates are based on double occupancy per room, per night. Extra person charge is $30.00 per night for adults over 18 years of age.
4. Subject to applicable taxes, 10% Provincial Sales Tax (PST) and 5% Government Sales Tax (GST).
Reservations can be made directly with the Pan Pacific Whistler on an individual basis. To receive the special group rate, the guest must indicate their group affiliation by the Shelby Cobra Club.
For reservations contact:
Pan Pacific Mountainside
Toll Free: 1-888-905-9995
Direct: 1-604-905-2999
Fax: 1-604-905-2995
Email: [email protected]

Bruce
:silver:

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,079 Posts
Been talking to Mel about going up to B C the last couple of yrs in cobra. Bruce, that cruise looks like It would be great fun. Mel & I would probably do the "loop" from Whistler? Thanks for info--
Butch

PS
Hey Matt B, lets go up North this summer---

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reservations are made.

I'm sure a few Cobra's can certainly entertain the Border patrol.

Bruce

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sounds like a great excuse to make the drive from Alberta. Mountains all the way. Like you need to make excuses to go on a cobra roadtrip.... haha. Any Edmonton area members interested in making the run???

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I've posted this on the Canadian section too.

Laurel and I are going to make reservations this afternoon!

See you all there.

Andrew

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've posted this on the Canadian section too.

Laurel and I are going to make reservations this afternoon!

See you all there.

Andrew
My wife and I were planning to rent something in the Okanagan Valley for a week or two between July 7 and 27. This fits pretty good. Whistler then the Okanagan.

Looking forward to summer already,
Dave

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
This just keeps getting better! Someone to visit with in the Okanagan too! Outstanding news Dave and I'm looking forward to summer even more now. Just need to get the car put back together...

Laurel and I made reservations this afternoon!

·
Snake Farmer
10,391 Posts
After Whistler, you could take the Duffy Lake road loop, rather than dead heading it back to Vancouver..
Duffy Lake route takes you through some spectacular country, and you can head from Lillooet, up into the Okanagan, if your not heading home right away, or back south through the Fraser Canyon..

·
Registered
511 Posts
Very nice drive up to Lilooet. Lost of curves on the mountain road...great forests...then it all changes on the east side going down to Lilooet. Amazing. If you have more time an even grander run from Lilooet is north on 97 up to William Lake and Prince George. Don't stop there but get on the the Yellowhead east (16) to Jasper. Overnight there then south on the Icefields Parkway (93) to Lake Louise. Your neck will be sore from all the sites on 93. West on the TransCanada (1) towards Kamloops, then south on 97 through Vernon, Kelowna and Osoyoos.

Our route to Whistler will take us to Jasper then 93 toward Lake Louse. Highway 1 to Kamloops and stay on the Coquihalla ...Downhill all the way the Vancouver.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice drive up to Lilooet. Lost of curves on the mountain road...great forests...then it all changes on the east side going down to Lilooet. Amazing. If you have more time an even grander run from Lilooet is north on 97 up to William Lake and Prince George. Don't stop there but get on the the Yellowhead east (16) to Jasper. Overnight there then south on the Icefields Parkway (93) to Lake Louise. Your neck will be sore from all the sites on 93. West on the TransCanada (1) towards Kamloops, then south on 97 through Vernon, Kelowna and Osoyoos.

Our route to Whistler will take us to Jasper then 93 toward Lake Louse. Highway 1 to Kamloops and stay on the Coquihalla ...Downhill all the way the Vancouver.
Howard,

How many miles is it from Whistler to Lilooet?

Bruce

·
Snake Farmer
10,391 Posts
It's about 130 kilometers -- roughly 80 miles.
And..no fuel stops along the way..Fuel available in Pemberton. Next stop would be in Lillooet. So if your mileage is very poor..:) From Lillooet, the next fuel available is in Lytton.

(See the map above)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From my count of the posts on FFCars and ClubCobra I came up with 18. If anybody could fill in the blanks that would be great.

Regarding a stopping point north I agree with the Ferndale stop.

Brent and Sherrie
Duvall, WA
ClubCobra
Brent Mills

Andrew and Laurel
Kelowna, BC
FFCars/ClubCobra
vRAE

Scott and Debbie
Puyallup, WA
ClubCobra
CobraScott

Dave and Wife
Alberta
FFCars
howardsoflang

Skip and Sherry
Brier, WA
FFCars/ClubCobra
skipbaker

Jake and Kim
Puyallup, WA
ClubCobra
Jake

Stephen and Judy
Bellevue, WA
ClubCobra
Stephen Crosten

Mark
Lions Bay, BC
ClubCobra
xlr8tr

Bruce and Gay
Spanaway, WA
ClubCobra/FFCars
BruceSnyder

Fred and Brenda
Whitefish, MT
ClubCobra
Fred Hamilton

Kevin and Diane
Everett, WA
ClubCobra
Blue Cobra

Steve and Penny
Federal Way, WA
ClubCobra
steve

Bellingham, WA
ClubCobra
ReMorton

Ward
Camarillo, CA
ClubCobra
WardL

Dale and Gloria
Bellingham, WA
ClubCobra
Dale McBain

Jeff and _______
Maple Valley, WA
ClubCobra
JWhite

Bellingham, WA
ClubCobra
dblbarrel

Mike and Heather
Marysville, WA
ClubCobra
mroush

Bruce

·
Junior Charter Member
746 Posts
Any consensus on how many people are going to do the Lillooet loop?

Troy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can't make it to whistler but would love to meet you guys in Ferndale if that is a stopping point for you. Only 10-15 minutes from my house. Is it just a fuel stop or is it a longer stop?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can't make it to whistler but would love to meet you guys in Ferndale if that is a stopping point for you. Only 10-15 minutes from my house. Is it just a fuel stop or is it a longer stop?
Brian,

Wherever we stop in Ferndale it will be a place to join up with other people, get fuel, and take a break. I'm guessing we'll leave Tacoma around 8-8:30. There'll be more detail closer to July 10. Plan to stop by. The more the merrier.

Bruce

·
Registered
72 Posts
Another suggestion would be to jump over to highway 9 south on your way back home. Drove it today from my house down to stanwood. It is a nice drive with lots of corners and decent speeds 55 ish. If you have an idea when your coming back through my area I would love to join you and drive south for awhile.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts