Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject to bad weather and unexpected stuff, my son Mike & I plan on participating in the last two legs of the tour ie. Birmingham to Chattanooga; & Chattanooga to Charlotte.

We did similar rides in 2006 & 2009, and had a great time and look forward to doing so again.

We welcome any of you who care to join us on this fine venture.

Our schedule, as we see it at this time follows:

2013 HOT ROD POWER TOUR FROM RALEIGH, NC

Wednesday, June 5: Leave Raleigh at 4:30 AM, breakfast in Thomasville; pass thru Charlotte about 8 AM; thru Atlanta about 12 - 1 PM; and arrive at Regions Stadium, Hoover, AL about 2-3 PM CST. (Gain 1 hour)

Pick up official registration papers and hang out at Regions Stadium checking out all the other participant’s & spectator rides till time for dinner.

Check-in at the nearby Sleep Inn.

Total ride is about 550-575 miles for the day. Piece of cake!

Thursday, June 6: Make the leisurely 156 mile ride to Chattanooga State Community College in Chattanooga, TN, again hanging out till dinner with the other participants and local spectators.

Check-in at the nearby Sleep Inn.

Friday June 7: Get an early start on the 316 mile ride to the Charlotte Speedway, Concord, NC, again hanging out for a while there; then head out for the 150 mile ride back home. This makes 466 miles for the day; another piece of cake.

Total for the trip will be some 1200 miles and a million smiles!

Bob Jones
Raleigh, NC

· Senior Charter Member
3,613 Posts
Sounds like a grand adventure..............

· Registered
112 Posts
Yes, we planning on meeting the tour in Memphis. It's a great time, every parking lot, gas stop and rest area is a car show. Every gearhead should have this event on the bucket list.

· Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Hi Guys,
I wish the Power Tour could start or end on the East Coast again. Traveling 1000+ miles is a long ride to be part of it is unattainable to me.

· Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Clt

Hi Bob,
Where is CLT?

Phillip, Come go with us.

al1957, Hopefully we can catch up with you in B'ham.

Mike, It ends in CLT in 2013 so it should begin there in 2014, so maybe it will head your way then.

bj

· Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike,

Sorry for using jargon. CLT is three letter airport code for Charlotte, NC which is close to Concord, NC, where the tour in 2013 ends at Lowes Motor Speedway or Charlotte Speedway or whatever it is called these days.

Historically, the tour begins wherever it ended the previous year.

Hope that helps.

bj

· Junior Charter Member
988 Posts
Might be in

It is on my bucket list and if Philipp is in I will join ;)
And if Mrs Robin let's me go.

· FFCobra Craftsman
1,278 Posts
Bob & Mike, I might join you as you pass through Gastonia on the way down. I need a warm-up trip to get in shape for the spring fling in Ohio! Give me some details on Motels. Is it hard to get resesrvations, etc?

· Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Dave,

Great to have you join us.

Re. motels, based on the past, they will get tight, so we have already made reservations to get reasonably priced ones relatively close to the action.

We have already booked rooms as follows:

Wed 6/5, Sleep Inn, 200 Southgate Dr, Pelham, AL, 205-982-9800

Thur 6/6, Sleep Inn, 2351 Shallowford Village Dr, Chattanooga, TN, 423-894-5333

Both can be cancelled up to 4 PM day of arrival, both are relatively close to the tour collecting point, and eating joints.

Re. Registration. Advance registration for the entire tour is $83, & $90 at the event.

However, individual day registration is $30 each and since we are only doing two legs we will do that and save a few bucks.

Looking forward to it.

Bob

· Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
So far, the current Carolina delegation consists of:

Brian Dehler & son Brock
Greg Miner & son Dustin
Dave Van Sleen
Me & my son Mike

Anyone else?

How about you Atlanta guys? We'll be passing through there around noon on Wednesday, 6/5, and you can hook up with us for a fun ride.

About 1200 miles, and a million smiles!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.