Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by a local Ford dealer yesterday and saw the new Saleen. Very cool looking white with black convertible top and black leather interior, 20in wheels. The number on the front bumber was '1001', could this be car number 1 of the 2005 model year? If so thats kind of cool.
I couldn't help thinking that it would make a nice donor for the MarkIV ;)
Steve

·
Premium Member
17,839 Posts
The Saleen is nice, but I think they screwed up the front end. I think Rousch is a lot better; the looks are improved in small ways, but not significantly changed. But that's just me - what do I know?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually like the stock front end better--big fog lamps. The rear end of the Saleen is very radical, reminds me of a Testarosa, a little over designed and makes it look like a cheap bolt-on body kit.
Steve

·
Registered
989 Posts
Saw one at Stearns Ford in Burlington, NC last week. Wasn't too impressed with the looks....performance, I'm sure is another story.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
I was at car show on Long Island last Tuesday and there were 3 2005 Saleen Mustangs there. I think they look great, but for the money I think there are several cars I would buy first.

·
he who lives by the sword. gets shot by those who
2,847 Posts
that car is off the hook!!!!!Damn! better buy stock in Tires boys! 640 H.P. Dayuuuuuuuuuuuum!!!!!
Very Nice!
Ben :D

·
Charter Member
7,902 Posts
None of the Saleens's are rated at 640hp. The base model, the 3 valve is rated at 325 hp and $42,000, the supercharged version is rated at 400 hp and is over $50,000 and the extreme version is rated at 500hp with production starting on July 05 and retailing for $65-70,000. The Shelby GT-500 is rated at over 450hp and will retail around $40,000 (sans dealer price gouging). My wife wants the Shelby!

·
Land Shark!
4,668 Posts
We had a black coupe at the Raceway Park cruise night on Tuesday... nice car, they just don't grab me for some reason. I'll stick with my 99 speedster.

·
Hmmmm
646 Posts
I hear they are on hold for selling them due to an emissions deal with the NOS Focus, and dealers will be fined like 5K for selling any Saleens?

Kip

·
FFCobra Fanatic
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mike,
The Saleen was at Bell Ford. There is a $7500.00 market 'price adjustement' on the window sticker, what a rip off.
Steve

·
Junior Charter Member
791 Posts
Has anyone done the '68 louvers to the rear quarter windows? wonder how that looks....
Where will I put my trailer hitch with those tailpipes in the way?
In the middle pic, is that a perky butt i see?..I think I see a lawsuit coming....
Jon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts