Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a new :D :rolleyes: COBRA with some real venom. Too bad chevy decided to park their SS
(Super Sloppy)
This came from the December edition of MM&FF.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hmmm..... since a cobra costs 7K$ more it'd better make at least that much. I'd rather take a SS and throw 7K$ into it and still make you guys look like kids riding tricycles.

·
Rip Snortin Post Maniac
1,044 Posts
From that site.
. The 2000 model year was canceled but the 2001 and 2002* Cobra models have been generally trouble free.
These guys obviously know what they are talking about. :rolleyes:

FWIW 5k miles on mine without a single problem. Except whiney Camaro owners.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,588 Posts
2001 and 2002* Cobra models have been generally trouble free.
...there has been absolutely no complaints from 2002 Mustang Cobra owners. In fact, none have EVER been to the shop! :D :D :D

·
FFCobra Fanatic
592 Posts
Hey Thumes, if you want to compare, how much more is the Vette than the 03 Cobra?? Put the differance of the two in the Cobra and then we can talk about who is riding bicycles.

·
Senior Charter Member
244 Posts
Delete post, may have started a war with Chevy guys, nevermind.

[ October 30, 2002, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: JM_OBRIEN ]

·
Registered
91 Posts
MM & FF took a 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra, put a litning SC pulley (slightly smaller), took off the sway bar, added some slicks and the thing ran 11s. Wow, I would like to see a 2003 Camaro do that, whoops, I'm sorry this is the last year of the Camaro..... LOL.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
381 Posts
Chevy, Ford, tomato, tomoto, Whatever. If you really want to throw some fuel on the fire try to beat the value of an import! Fuel economy, fit and finish, they run forever, hold their value better, and don't cost much. BUT, BUT we all know they are not even close to being as much FUN as a good 'ol hot rod, be it Ford or Chevy!!!!!

Chad

·
Registered
49 Posts
You've obviously never driven a Corvette before. For the money, a corvette is one of the best deals around. And sorry, a mustang isn't even in the same ballpark. And as for the 2003 Camaro, I already have my name on the list for a 2003 Pontiac GTO. There hasn't been a car in history that deserves as much recognition. At least GM had the balls to stop it's production when they realized it wouldn't live up to the GTO badge. It took Ford over 30 years to make a decent mustang after the 1970 model year. Hell, even The General couldn't make a good Camaro until the mid 90's.

·
Official Member of the Unofficial "First 500 Club"
3,007 Posts
A new GTO? Wow, so you've got your name on the list for a rear-wheel-drive Cavalier! Just like the last Camaros looked just like a larger Geo Storm, that GTO looks like a Cavalier. The Mustang styling has it all over the Camaro.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
784 Posts
Steve..

Styling?? Man..you mean from design from 1994 in which it hasnt change at all and you cant tell a v6 from a GT from a cobra? or a 20k saleen ripoff? Atleast the GM F cars went away gracefully..Oh..and getting a couple of ponies from from a power plant thats been around for how long? and they cant keep them together???
Also, The REAL WHEEL HP on the cars is in the 31X as there shipped.Yes thats right..Dyno fudgers everywhere..take there rated HP of 390*.8 (and that conservative for IRS) and ya get 312. We have dyno'ed plenty of them at our shop many of time on our MD 1750 eddy current dyno and thats about all they get. Oh..and how they hell are they OVER 3700lbs...thats right..way more than a firebird or camero..hell even the VETTE. But, it is fairly easy to get 400 rwhp out of them.

Phil

·
FFCobra Fanatic
592 Posts
I dont see how the Corvette is such a gerat buy when the 03 Cobra is less money and runs a better ET. And as far as styling I wonder why the Mustang has outsold the camaro-transam combined for the last three model years?? By the way I can buy a new 03 Cobra for just around 30,000, what can you buy a new Corvette for? And I have driven the Vette, an 01 coupe six speed, have you driven a Cobra Mustang lately?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I heard that Ford had to stop production on the '03 Cobras because of some type of quality problem. I don't remember all the details but that kinda sucks. Seems like I read they would start back up around Nov 12 and still intend on making the same quantity of cars.

John

·
Official Member of the Unofficial "First 500 Club"
3,007 Posts
The horsepower numbers are not what sells the majority of cars, it's the styling. I don't have the exact numbers, but I think the Mustang has outsold the F-bodies for as long as I can remember, at least as far back as the 1980's.

As for styling, what were those ridiculous deck stripes on the anniversary Camaros? It looked like a 10 year old playing with Hot Wheels cars and some sharpie markers.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I agree that there should be more visible differences between a 6cyl,,GT,,and the Cobra model. Although some like the sleeper look.
RR

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
As a long time Mustang fan I have to admit the style factor of the current models is far behind the other offerings and looks more like an import than a muscle car..

For those stating that Mustang out sells the others combined I believe this is true but the majority of stangs sold from way back in 1964 1/2 have been the base model 4/6 cylinder units that are under 20k. Very few of the tuner models are even made and less than a 1/3 are v-8 units... They sell so well cause of the name and they are cheap... albeit the rattle trap plastic mobiles called firechicken and camaro are no better and did not last the test of time...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts