Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy in my neighborhood is selling what he claims is a 2000 Cobra engine with less than 10k miles. I don't remember Ford selling a Cobra in 2000 except for the Cobra-R which this engine is definitely not. Can anyone give me info on this engine (good for my Mark III?)and what it may be worth - or should I stay away from it? The number on the side reads: 90417038 and OG839AA. It's not supercharged but does come with the transmission.

Thank you!
Mark

[ October 05, 2004, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Flys-Lo-Cobra ]

·
15,282 Posts
I think the reason there are so many of these 2000 Cobra drivetrains laying around had something to do with Ford cancelling the Mustang Cobra for that year. But the engines and trannies had already been manufactured. This is why you can buy a brand-new 2000 Cobra engine/tranny/harness from FMS. Isn't that right? I remember reading about it a while back. Forte's price seems to be about inline with what I've seen out there, and I hear he gives great support after the purchase.

Cheers, John

·
FFCobra Craftsman
711 Posts
Mark,

I was told by Ford that a deal with Panoz fell through and they now have the motors left over.

I am installing the same motor/tranny combo mentioned above. It is a complete kit, everything is included. I am not going to use the Ford wiring though. Email me if you are interested in purchasing it all from me.

Thanks,

Raymond

1 - 4 of 4 Posts