Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FFR Base kit, 5.0 Coyote, Tremec 600, IRS 3.55 with Eaton Trutrac

I bought the base kit with lot's of extras a year ago and took delivery about 10 days ago. It's funny how much things have changed since I first looked at and lusted after the MKI. I've gone from having kids, and no money or time, to having a career and having no time and now to semi-retirement and I hope I have enough time.

This forum has already provided a lot of great information and if FF can get me the back-ordered suspension and steering parts I should be ready to start my build. Frame dolly is complete courtesy of a design from FFCars and the body buck is just about ready as well. Will take it off the frame this week.

Some things/challenges I already see and could use some ideas and guidance. I un-boxed the FFR exhaust system and I'm not really impressed. I think I will use it to get my car running but I doubt it will stay. Headers don't have a very smooth transition from head to header and the connection area to the J pipe looks like a real HP drain. So, I guess I'm looking for what's out there and opinions on what's best. My build is going to be basic and functional - not a lot of chrome and bling.

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,645 Posts
I have an exhaust system for the coyote in the FFR, it is a proper tuned system and built in the Kannapolis shop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts