Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I'm mounting a Tri-state Heater and need 2" vent tubing with gromets to mount to the heater. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Paul

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Paul, you'll have plenty of HOT air coming in from the engine compartment...(unless you "completly" block it off...)I just put the heater in, in case the engine ever runs hot. Since its on the passenger side, I just opened the "flip up" vents in the Tristates Heater... didn't bother to "duct" them...I can't see ever needing the "heat" in So Cal... but I could be wrong...

In fact, I remember Forrest saying he was glad he had a heater on the way to Vegas last year for the Nationals. Oh well,
Let me know how the ducts work...
Ken

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have the Tri-states heater and find that you don't need any ducting. If you open the side flaps then one dumps warm air right in the passenger's lap. The other routes air behind the dash right into my lap. The dash becomes your duct and it works just fine.

Craig

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
If you have an underdash panel like the one that Mike Everson makes, ducting and vents will make a big difference. I am running ducting to both footboxes and now just need to find some good adjustable vents to put in the bottom of the dash panel.
Raul

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys. I'll check out the various suggestions. Great info to work from.
Paul

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Paul, Here are a couple of ideas that worked for me. I installed the Tri-state heater in upside down between the firewall and the dash. I used sink drain fittings from home depot to connect to the opennings in the side of the heater. they fit perfect. The large gland nut and gasket worked great. I used "eyeballs that I bought from Vintage Air. I connected the pipes to the eyeballs with 2" hose from H.D. ( see the black and blue striped hose in the eyeball picture. I installed an eyeball on thepassenger side also. I've found that a fair amount of heat comes thru the heater even without the fan turned on. I'm planning to put a cover plate over the fins with some hi temp insulation for summe operation.
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
Charter Member
190 Posts
Bob Mac, Thank you very much for the idea of the sink drain fittings. I have been struggling with what would work on my similar heater and your idea looks real slick. I am off to Home Depot now.
Thanks again,
Ken
2005 maybe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.