Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Charter Member
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st Place in class at Scholz Autofest in Capac, MI today!

I was planning on prepping the car on Saturday, but ended up working from 10:00 a.m. until 2 a.m. Sunday, got up at 4:30 a.m., left the house at 6:00 a.m. and got there just before 8:00 a.m.

Whew, what a long, long day. It was a fun, but a freezing two hour drive out (34 degrees), cold and overcast all day, but the drive back was so much sweeter with the first place trophy poking up over the windshield from the passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
Congrats!!! I've got a room full of trophies and it still feels good each time to get one!!!!

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
And deservedly so! Congrats!!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
It's a shame they couldn't make it a little bigger!! :001_tongue:

Congrats!

Can you tell us a little more about that award winning vehicle? (first, what are the colors? That blue looks especially good in the sunlight)

·
BigA4327
270 Posts
Very cool! I decided to put my spec racer in a local show. Just to check out the scene. I did not put my ribbon up for judging. Left before judging started and received a call the following day that I had won first place in the 1961-1965 Car category. Guess not washing it was good luck :) It was fun either way. Everyone seems to like these cars!

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
443 Posts
wow congrats, you deserve that award, you have a gorgeous car!!!!!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
CONGRATS!!!! Totally awesome!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,218 Posts
You almost had to get special permits to haul that trophy. Close to being over legal height limit ;)

Congrats, nice car. My favorite color other than blue :)

·
Charter Member
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks - I really like that show, it's close to where I grew up and my dad comes out to check out all the cars when I am there; good time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congradulations Jack Be quick !

I also went out to the Scholz Autofest and saw your car ! It even looks better in person . This was my second year going to this show and it is a huge show . You better have the better part of a day to see it all ! All-tho i liked last years temperature better ( 94 ) compared to about 54 this year . Great job and hope to see it at next years cruise night in Port Huron .

·
Registered
919 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS to Jack be Quick.

That's how to build one of these thinks. I was impressed at London when I first saw it several years ago and then again at the Detroit Autorama.

Jack are you going to Detroit this year?

Jack

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.