Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1987-1993 Power Steering Rack Adapter for Mk3.1

I am upgrading from manual steering to power steering. Does anyone have a power steering rack adapter to fit a 1987-1993 Mustang rack left over or laying around from your build?

Thanks,
Gary

·
Junior Charter Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff,
Thank you for the quick response. I should have mentioned I have
a Mk3.1. I believe the splines are different between the manual and power racks for the Mk3.1. Doesn't the manual rack use a 9/16-26 spline while the power rack uses a 3/4-36 spline?

Thanks,

Gary

·
Junior Charter Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Is this what you need?
FFR part#14554

I'm headed your way this afternoon and could drop it off or meet you somewhere. I'll have a little blue car on a trailer.

·
Junior Charter Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this what you need?
FFR part#14554

I'm headed your way this afternoon and could drop it off or meet you somewhere. I'll have a little blue car on a trailer.
Tim,
Yes, that is the part I am looking for. I will be out picking up power steering components so let me know where I can meet you. Would that be a little blue coupe on a trailer. I would love to see it painted. I also sent you a PM.

Thanks again,

Gary

·
Junior Charter Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tim,
Thanks again for the power steering adapter. Once I get the parts from Breeze, I will be able to put this all together.

The Coupe is looking good. I hope Joe got you set up with the alignment today.

Gary

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
We made some headway but the IRS is a different animal. We'll get the rest of it later. Day was running long se we decided to take a little break.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts