1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AS USUAL IM NEED INFO. I HAVE CHANCE TO BY A GOOD
RUNNING MOTOR 5.0 86 LTD FOR 100 $ OR 200 $ IF I
HAVE THEM REMOVE IT. IS THIS MOTOR ROLLER? WHAT
HP? ID INTEND ON HEADS AND UPGRADES. ALSO I ORDERED MY KIT BASED ON THE 351 W BUT I COULD BUILD IT LATER AND THE WAY I WONT AND GET ROLLING SOONER. WILL THIS PRESENT A PROBLEM.
BELL HOUSING? OTHER BOLT ONS ETC. THE CAR GOES TO THE CRUSHER SOON PLEASE HELP

·
Building
833 Posts
Not sure on the Crown Vic Engine in 86'. I know it was only rated at 150HP from what I recall. So I'm thinking it is not a roller.
The 86' Mustang Engine is, but has Hyper-Tech Pistons & no valve reliefs. I know, I have one in one of my stangs :( Your stuck with stock CAM & rocker ratios. Unless you swap the slugs out. Heads are about all you can do & them limited.
$100-$200 still not bad... Block is worth that if it's not to high mileage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS FOR THE HELP. MY SOURCE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SET ME UP WITH A NEWER MOTOR. HE CAUGHT ME BY SUPRISE AND I DIDNT HAVE MUCH TIME TO SAVE IT FROM THE CRUSHER

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Get a Mustang or Explorer engine if you want that.
Easy to use on our roadsters.

Of course a 351W is really nice, but rebuilding us usually needed as the seem older with more miles, etc.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Larry, where did you get that statement?

The 289, 302, 351W, and 351C ALL share the same bellhousing bolt pattern...

Even some inline and V-6 share the small-block Ford bolt pattern...

Mark

·
1,595 Posts
The 302 and 351W do share the same bellhousing.
86 does have forged pistons also.
Bill G

·
1,595 Posts
Larry,
The bellhousing to block is the same, but the bolt holes are different for the T-5 and the Tremec at the trans end.

Bill G

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Uhh no forged pistons in non ho motors and old 302 firing order and take a quarter out of your pocket . That is the size of the throttle plate.It cant hurt to have an extra block and engine wiring harness for efi around for 100bucks Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.