Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See Pictures below!

Earlier than expected, in good condition, well packed, with chrome lug nuts, a set of locking nuts, and 8 chrome stems (I paid for 4). My only possible complaint would be that I still should have gotten 20 lug nuts not 16 since I'm paying a little more for the 4 lockers, but it's not enough to make a fuss about. I am very happy with the sale and would buy again from these guys.

I hope I'm not breaking any taboo (either about OE or the rumored mysterious legal issues with anthracite bullitts) here. I have no clue as to why the initial thread about this item was locked as there was no moderator comment, just a lock.

Mike

[ March 04, 2007, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Michael Stora ]

·
Junior Charter Member
835 Posts
Do you have contact info for them? I'm looking for a set of bullits too.

Thanks

·
2,746 Posts
No 4 lug Bullits. Sorry.

CW

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just gettting over a flu and my wife is very ill. No pics until the weekend (and my weekend starts Sunday).

Mike

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Also bought from OE Wheels and was very happy. When you order do it by phone. Doing this lets you talk in person since they will mix and match tires from brand to brand if you want a different brand/style of tire on your rim other then what is shown on thier site.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I also got some Cobra R's from OE Wheels. They look great, great price and they were here in like a week.

Everything that they said they would be and nice guys to talk too. What else can you ask for?

Ivan

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by CobraBuilding:
So the argent does indeed = anthracite?
Yes, they confirmed that by phone. Also, the boxes were marked "ANTH" or something like that. I agree with Hind Site that you should call them because they have some good package deals with tires, locking nuts, chrome valve stems, etc.

Mike

·
Junior Charter Member
835 Posts
Figures.... I called them this morning. They're out of stock. I seem to be a day late when it comes to getting wheels!

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pictures!

17x10.5 foreground, 17x9 aft

Protective film still left on center cap.

A bit of a deep dish look with standard width (27mm offset) for the Mk III rear.

[ March 04, 2007, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Michael Stora ]

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Arrived in a stack on my doorstop, like everything does lately no matter how valuable. I'm not sure if the UPS guy is afraid of me or my doggies.

Wheels were very well packed.

Protective fabric "sock", plastic rim protector and a plastic bag

[ March 04, 2007, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Michael Stora ]

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,729 Posts
Exactly like mine.I just did the 5 lug conversion for the front yesterday so now all 4 are on the car w/ Sumitomo tires.VERY happy w/ the results.Tires only have about 30 miles so I can't comment about the grip yet but I am pleasantly surprised w/ the ride.At 22# they ride no worse than the 15" Dunlops did at 26.And the annoying tail wiggle I got w/ the 295/50 rear tires is gone.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Those look amazing!

CraigS - not to hijack the thread but please PM me with regrads to your "tail wiggle"? I am planning on going the 295/50-15 route.

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I weighed one 9" and one 10.5" wheel on a 45# fish scale that has proven accurate in the 7-10 lb range (weighing rifles), so I think it is probably close enough in the 20-30 lb range.

17x9" wheel weighed 22.5 lb
17x10.5" wheel weighed 25.0 lb

The Superlight Challenge Series wheels FFR sells are 20 lb and 23 lb, so these are only 10% heavier

Offset from the mounting surface of the wheel to the face of the lug nut holes was 0.590" measured with a damaged dial micrometer (could not find my good one). I'd trust the 5 and the 9 but not the 0. There is also a fair amount of bevel around the hole that matches the bevel on the nuts, so I suspect that these wheels only use up 1/2" of stud length.

Considering that I paid only $512.18 for the wheels, center caps, chrome lug nuts, chrome locking lug nuts and socket, chrome valve stems, shipping, and insurance, I feel like I stold them!

Mike

[ March 04, 2007, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Michael Stora ]

·
Senior Charter Member
1,016 Posts
Just got mine as well!!! I went with all 9" and had them mount and balance Hankook tires on them, 245s in front, 275s in back, all, delivered to my door for under $1K. I was pretty happy with that!

Gratz

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.